Heather's Reviews > Delilah Dusticle's Transylvanian Adventure

Delilah Dusticle's Transylvanian Adventure by A.J. York

19215336

Plot/Story:
I am in love with A.J. York’s work. Everything I have read by her has been amazing and this book is not different. We follow Delilah through another adventure as she meets Dracula! It is such an adorable story about believing in yourself and the power of friendship. Also, there are a lot of magical things happening. We also learn a little bit more about where Delilah gets her extraordinary gift to eradicate dust.

Characters:
My favorite character in this book was Count Dracula. He was so not what I was expecting! Of course, you have the characters from the first book, and they are still ever amazing.

Romance/Kills:
No kills and a tiny little romance between Delilah and her special someone, Duncan. It’s an adorable little romance that is only hinted at.

Writing:
I think A.J. York is a fantastic author. Her style keeps the reader interested without revealing too much too quick. And the novel has been very well edited.

Beginning:
The beginning jumps right into the story, but if you have read the first book, you don’t need a fancy first chapter to convince you to read the story.

Ending:
Fantastic ending! It leaves the story open for another book, but answers most of your questions.

Cover Art:
The cover is adorable and so perfect for the story.

Blurb:
The blurb doesn’t give much away, but with a short novel like this, there isn’t much you can say in a blurb. But, it is enough to draw a reader in.

Other Stuff

Opening Line: Delilah Dusticle has a special gift: she can wholly and completely eradicate dust.

Highlights: An adorable and fast read.

Lowlights: There is nothing I can think of.

Final Thoughts: This is a perfect story for kids and should be included in school libraries!

For more reviews: Visit The Reading Bud

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delilah Dusticle's Transylvanian Adventure.

July 20, 2015 – Started Reading