Andrea's Reviews > The Gray Picture of Dorian: An Artificial Intelligence Techno Thriller Sci-Fi Short Story

The Gray Picture of Dorian by Nick Thacker

Jul 20, 2015

bookshelves: modern-fiction, science-fiction

This short piece of fiction is disturbing in all the ways that science fiction should be. I could see what was coming before Dorian could and I wanted to warn him. Then there was another part of me that thought he deserves it.

The title immediately reminded me of Oscar Wilde's classic and as I read this modern Dorian reminded me of the classic as well. He is vain and concieted and totally fine with using the people around him. I don't want to give away the ending, but this modern Dorian find himself shut out of his own life. As much as I didn't like him, I didn't want that ending for him either. However he made his bed, so now he must lie in it.

This is definitely worth the $2.99 because of its entertainment value and its re-readability. I only take away half a star because it is a smidge depressing.

I recieved an advance copy for an honest review. The above is my honest review of the work of a fabulous author.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gray Picture of Dorian.

Started Reading