❀Aimee❀ Just one more page...'s Reviews > Wicked Charms

Wicked Charms by Janet Evanovich

Fun read, lots of funny moments, treasure, pirates, a coroner, witches, baked goods, sexual tension, over the top bad guys (and their loyal minions, some paranormal fun, and a rude monkey named Carl.

There are a few books that are just great palate cleansers. You get done with a series of crappy books, finish a book that makes you cry the ugly cry, or don't know what to read....this is your rebound book.

I've not read the first two in the series, but I picked it up pretty quick.

Lizzy is a low maintenance, unflappable baker with a few special abilities caught up in Diesel's world of charm, swagger, & paranormal shenanigans.

I have to say the cast of characters were over the top but just what I needed. The book doesn't take itself too seriously. I loved the adventure, and really, who doesn't love some pirates and treasure. If you're anywhere close to my generation, anything of that ilk brings back fond memories of the Goonies.
map

The villain is a little bit cray-cray and then goes completely nucking futs after a spell gone awry.
bugs

His crazy loyal servant maintains an uber polite but will kill you as he politely "ha-ha's" along.
let me kill you

Diesel has a monkey with attitude that loves to flip people off.
mean monkey

Lizzy's friend Glo believes in a little bit of everything, and is armed with a leaking magic eight ball and a broom that has a personality of it's own.

Everyone's searching for 8 pieces of an old pirate coin and a map in order to find an old treasure and relic. Who will get there first? Will Lizzy and Diesel turn up the heat? Will Carl the monkey ever behave?

Enjoy your book rebound.

Thank you Netgalley for a free digital copy in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Charms.

July 19, 2015 – Started Reading
July 19, 2015 – Shelved
July 19, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
July 19, 2015 – Shelved as: netgalley
July 23, 2015 – Finished Reading
July 24, 2015 –
July 25, 2015 –
25.0% "Gah! She signed a contract with a creepy guy without looking at what she's signing just because of dollar signs? I hate when a character is just plain stupid like this.\n \n "
July 26, 2015 –