Runningrabbit's Reviews > Twiceborn

Twiceborn by Marina Finlayson

Series FREE on Unlimited Check out https://www.facebook.com/ParanormalBo... for more cheap reads.

4.5* This was excellent and in my opinion a great find. The characters were credible, the writing good, and a great story leading into a great series. Plus no cliffhanger.
 photo rightonyes_zps0b19f982.gif
The main character, Kate, is likable and easy to identify with. She's gone through some really difficult times in her life, although this could have easily bogged down the novel to a depressing pile of mush, it revealed more of Kate's character and strength setting moods that cushion and evolve points leading up to her actions. This was well done and good background material.

Don't think from the blurb that this is a boring mother focused book, because it's not. Kate is a savvy person and very contemporary. Her relationships in the story are hip and her love life sets up a modern girl and gives the reader a good dose of romance and crap ex action where we all want to see him get what he deserves. Which is possibly death, depending on how much you really hate him.

The book shoots into the supernatural aspect that supplies really good variety from he-man werewolves to bitchy sisters and an overbearing queen. Lot's of shifters and some good magic. This is where the books pops in some good action sequences and sets us up for the next novel.

I've got the next book and will get onto it pretty soon. I'm saving it up.
 photo super_zpsjhpkwpvq.gif

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twiceborn.

July 19, 2015 – Started Reading
July 19, 2015 – Shelved
July 19, 2015 –
50.0% "This is one of those books you pick up and think 'wow, am I lucky I picked this one up'. And Free on Kindle Unlimited - Bargain!"
July 20, 2015 – Shelved as: a-stray-lock-of-hair-behind-ear