Michelle's Reviews > Never Loved

Never Loved by Charlotte Stein

liked it
bookshelves: arc, contemporary

ARC kindly provided by Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept in exchange for an honest review.

[image error]

Never Loved by Charlotte Stein is the first book that I have read from this author. I will admit I was looking forward to reading this book since this book was marketed and I quote: "Perfect for fans of Abbi Glines, the first novel in the Dark Obsession series tells the story of a beautiful wallflower who falls for a chiseled street fighter—and learns just how dangerous love can be." Being a big Abbi Gline's fan, I was definitely interested in reading this book. Never Loved was one of those reads that I had mixed feelings..it was an enjoyable book but there was something lacking from having me fully engage into the story.

The story chronicles Beatrix, who never knew loved. She didn't grow up in a home feeling loved so this was in a sense of shaped why she became the person she is. When Beatrix runs in Serge, an unlikely relationship begins to emerge. Two complete strangers forming a connection and bond that is tangible. A bond that helped them heal and complete one another. As Beatrix begins to let the walls of her heart to crumble, she is thrown in Serge's world where she must decide to fight along side with him?

I will admit that the book started off a bit slow for me and in the middle the paced picked up but towards the end, the book felt rushed. I wished the author allowed readers to fully savor the relationship, conflict, and intensity that was brewing between the characters. Overall, I did enjoy this sweet romance of a beautiful college student discovering love with a street fighter.

[image error]

Review can also be found on Four Chicks Flipping Pages: http://fourchicksflippingpages.weebly...Charlotte Stein

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Loved.

Started Reading