Justine's Reviews > Dust & Decay

Dust & Decay by Jonathan Maberry

liked it
bookshelves: signed-books, zombies, young-adult, by-the-skin-of-your-teeth

Rot & Ruin - ★★★★★
Dust & Decay - ★★★
Flesh & Bone - ★★★★
Fire & Ash - ★★★★★

"The big kahuna is riding a permanent wave."

Minor Spoilers from Rot and Ruin.

Dust and Decay is the sequel in the series. From how things ended with Rot and Ruin, it is hard to pass up not knowing where and what are the characters doing now.

As you saw I had been gushing over the character from Rot and Ruin. Here in Dust and Decay, it faltered. There were inconsistencies in the facts presented by some characters and ola, that screams plot holes to me.

And Jonathan Maberry you’d been knew since Rot and Ruin you would do this but still, it hurts like hell, I had been preparing but no preparation could really make you over a character death. Oh, I said it. But I won’t say who.

In the writing aspect, my plot hole issue. It has been said repeatedly over the books but it was not proven~well not until the third book. And it there was a time that it was redundant.

Though there are impactful improvements over the action sequences. I thought Rot and Ruin was already packed, this was heavier on that side. And they all got moves. The characters are getting mo edgier and becoming more of an identity they are steering on.

Since the events of book one, months had passed they had all been training for a better skill set in combating not only zombies but morally corrupted humans too. They’ll yet again leave Mountainside but this time for good. Unlike Rot and Ruin’s focus on the morality and beliefs of the characters, Dust and Decay focuses on the side of the characters’ identities and belongingness both emotionally and physical attribute.

Adventure packed, action-packed, and with the wits and hilarious take of Benny and the gang in the journey, it managed me to like the whole book as okay. The balance of division throughout the book was fun hilarious and painful altogether.

Earning an okay set of three stars.

Want to see more? Go visit here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dust & Decay.

July 19, 2015 – Shelved
July 19, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
August 30, 2017 – Shelved as: signed-books
October 14, 2018 – Started Reading
October 14, 2018 – Shelved as: zombies
October 14, 2018 – Shelved as: young-adult
October 14, 2018 –
page 15
2.89% "I am including my narrative on page 15 as the person who corrects Tom by saying "It's Padawan not Jedi." "Then she bats her lashes to death til he asks Justine out."

He and I are soulmates, don't burst my bubble or y'all be as good as the Hammer."
October 17, 2018 –
page 305
58.77% "Just."
October 18, 2018 – Shelved as: by-the-skin-of-your-teeth
October 18, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Beatrice (new) - added it

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic I'm excited to read your full review, Justine! 😊