Linda's Reviews > Everything I Never Told You

Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng

bookshelves: favorites

wow...

I am totally drained.

Celeste Ng takes you completely out of your comfortable surroundings and SLAMS you into the minds and souls of every person in this book who are going through a seemingly irremediable tragedy. You experience all their heartache, pain, hopelessness, and regrets. Most of all, it's the love that is felt so deeply but never openly expressed that shatters their world and will not allow you to abandon them nor this book--no matter how difficult it is to read.

I truly loved this family. Ms. Ng brought them alive with her tremendous gift of writing. They were not merely characters in a book nor was this merely a book. It was a journey I was privileged to be part of.

"Everything I Never Told You" is going to the top of my "favorites shelf."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything I Never Told You.

July 19, 2015 – Shelved
October 15, 2016 –
page 264
October 16, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites
October 16, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)

Karen Great review Linda! I loved this book too!

Linda Thank you, Karen. I wasn't aware you had read it, but I'm glad you liked it, also. Can't wait for the author's next book.

message 3: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen I'm looking fwd to getting to this one! Great review.

Linda Thanks Jen. Prepare yourself for some intense writing! I hope you enjoy it as much as Karen and I did. Looking forward to your review.

message 5: by Marjorie (new)

Marjorie Great review, Linda. Read this one back before I started writing reviews. Loved it, too!

Linda Thank you. Marjorie, it's one of those books that I imagine will always stay with you, long after finishing it. Happy you loved it, also!

message 7: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess Fulton Great review Linda. I'll definitely have to read this one.

Linda Thank you, Jess. I hope you give it a try, and I'll be watching for that review. ;<]

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Linda - your review has me sold on this book! I've just requested it from the library. Hope to get it soon!

Susanne Strong What an incredible review!! I can't wait to read this one!

Linda Lindsay, I still remember all the characters so vividly! I really am looking forward to your thoughts on this book.

Linda Thank you, Suzanne! The book was a gift from a dear friend or I might have missed reading it! Please let me know what you think of it. I hope you love this book as much as I did.

Susanne Strong Linda - I just finished the audiobook - which I got because of your incredible review. I was astounded by it - overwhelmed by the depth of my feelings. Heartache for Nath and Hannah.. and how children can be invisible to their parents. I will be writing my review tonight - but I must thank you, I loved this.. heartbreak and all.

message 14: by Deanna (new) - added it

Deanna I'm glad you loved this one so much, Linda! I was positive I already had it on my shelf but it wasn't there. However, it is now. Great review!! :)

message 15: by Linda (last edited Mar 12, 2017 07:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Linda Oh, Susanne, I was so touched by your message! I couldn't be more pleased that you loved this book, also. I will be watching for your review. To this day, I still think of little Hannah--Ignored--wise beyond her years. I actually thought a sequel might have been successful. Wish I could give you a big hug!! xo

Linda Deanna, I know the two of us love our "thrillers," but this book will have you forgetting all others you've read, while you're immersed in this family's tragedy. A great book. So happy you're going to read this one! :<]

message 17: by Tammy (new) - added it

Tammy it's on sale for 1.99 today

Linda Thanks for sharing that, Tammy. This was a very special book for me. I hope you appreciate it as much as I did. I'll be looking forward to your review! ;-)

Antoinette Great review. Makes me want to read it again. I loved it as well.

Linda Thank you, Antoinette. This is one of those books that will always stay with me. I'll never forget little Hannah. I'm happy to hear you loved it, also.

message 21: by Deanna (new) - added it

Deanna Linda wrote: "Deanna, I know the two of us love our "thrillers," but this book will have you forgetting all others you've read, while you're immersed in this family's tragedy. A great book. So happy you're going..."

I am definitely going to read this soon, or I might get the audiobook like Suzanne. I can't wait!

message 22: by Kristi (new) - added it

Kristi been wanting to read this for so long! Awesome to read your review, Linda. I will read asap!

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Excellent Review Linda! I am glad that you loved your journey and loved the book. Isn't it great where books take us. XO 😉

Linda Deanna, I've yet to experience an audiobook. I've always wondered if a narrator could sway your feelings regarding the storyline? However, that being said, Susanne loved it on audio! I'm excited that you're going to meet this family and "eagerly" awaiting your review! :-)

Linda Thanks, Kristi. As your reading it, think about the author writing a sequel to this book, from the thoughts of little Hannah being an adult and reliving her youth and taking us into the future. Sure looking forward to reading your review! :-)

Linda Thank you, Mary Sunshine! ;-) I can't imagine my life without books! I love going to my library--literally shelves or my little nook and be able to choose if I want to go to a foreign country, sit on pins and needles, or laugh a lot! Right now, I'm in the beginning stages of a murder investigation--all in the safety of my little abode! LOL xo

Karen Awesome review Linda! I loved this book too!

Linda Oh thank you, dear Karen. Don't you wish the author would have written a sequel to this? My heart still goes out to little Hannah, and I've always wanted to know how her life turned out and what happened to the rest of the family. Maybe one day, huh? Can't wait to read her latest. I put in for the giveaway--fingers crossed! xo

message 29: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Yowza. . . this sounds like one heck of a read and discussion worthy! I'm adding it to the pile. 🤓☕️ 🍩

message 30: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Lovely review Linda.

Linda Hey, Miss "Yowza," this ought to be two-cups worth of discussion! ☕️☕️ Put it on top! 😉

Linda Thank you so much, Maureen.

Cheri Fabulous review, dear Linda! I am now drained, So glad you loved this!

Linda Hi, my dear friend! Cheri, you mean there is a book that I've read before you? LOL Wasn't it wonderful! I still think of little Hannah. I thought a sequel, with Hannah sharing her story years later would be good. Ng is such a talented author. I loved her latest novel, also. I've got to go read your review. 😉