Cat's Reviews > I'll Give You the Sun

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

bookshelves: favorites

What a rollercoaster of emotions... This book made me feel everything - inspired, sad, angry, happy, hopeful. Everything.
I must say my favorite parts were the ones where Noah expressed his art. The way the author was capable of going in great detail about the works Noah created (or wanted to create) was very inspiring to me. Stunning. Truly a work of art. It made me want to paint and draw, which is a bad idea because I'm terrible.
The point is this book is phenomenal and it will make you feel some typa way. I mean, I still have tear stains on my face. Lovely.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'll Give You the Sun.

Quotes Cat Liked

Jandy Nelson
“Meeting your soul mate is like walking into a house you've been in before - you will recognize the furniture, the pictures on the wall, the books on the shelves, the contents of drawers: You could find your way around in the dark if you had to.”

Jandy Nelson
“Sometimes you think you know things, know things very deeply, only to realize you don’t know a damn thing.”

Jandy Nelson
“You have to see the miracles for there to be miracles.”

Jandy Nelson
“Reality is crushing. The world is a wrong-sized shoe. How can anyone stand it?”

Jandy Nelson
“In one split second I saw everything I could be, everything I want to be. And all that I’m not.”

Jandy Nelson
“There should be a horn or gong or something to wake God. Because I’d like to have a word with him. Three words actually: WHAT THE FUCK?!”

Jandy Nelson
“We wish with our hands, that’s what we do as artists.”

Jandy Nelson
“If bad luck knows who you are, become someone else.”

Jandy Nelson
“what is bad for the heart is good for art. The terrible irony of our lives as artists.”

Jandy Nelson
“He's the one. And some thoughts once thought are very hard to unthink.”

Jandy Nelson
“And why do English people sound smarter than the rest of us? Like they should be awarded the Nobel Prize for a simple greeting?”

Jandy Nelson
“Maybe a person is just made up of a lot of people," I say. "Maybe we're accumulating these new selves all the time.”

July 18, 2015 – Shelved