DJ Sakata's Reviews > Unexpected

Unexpected by Lilly Avalon

Jul 17, 2015

bookshelves: new-adult

Favorite Quotes:

“I’ve met my quota of bad things for the day. It’s probably best for me to avoid leaving the house at this point.”

“There is something about sharing a sunset with someone you care about. It’s profoundly spiritual, as if it connects you to that person in a way nothing else can. It may have only lasted a brief moment in the entire span of our lives, but it’s something I’ll always carry with me no matter what happens tomorrow.”

“I want to hold this moment, with her hair braided and her blues eyes entranced. I want to tuck it into my pocket and pull it out whenever I need a fix.”

“It is entirely your fault for leaving him to fend the ladies off by himself. I had to work my masterful powers of awesome to save the lad from the advances of promiscuous women.”

“There’s a pitter-patter in my chest as if I’m in high school and talking to my first crush. Her words hit me deep, the impact of them leaving an imprint on the walls of my heart.”

“Love makes you vulnerable and invincible at the same time; true love, makes you soar.”

My Review:

Unexpected is an excellent title for this book, as it was an unexpected pleasure to read this loving and tender romance with a sweet and caring young man being all supportive and patient with a stunned young woman he barely knows, but is having an inordinate amount of bad luck. I found Ms. Avalon’s writing to be refreshing, humorous, entertaining, and thoughtful, with just enough delightfully sensual teases and steamy scenes sprinkled throughout to keep my heart and respiration rates up. I have added her entire listing to my TBR and look forward to reading more of her work.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unexpected.