Maria "Rosie" Poli's Reviews > Hollywood Dirt

Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre

Jul 17, 2015

bookshelves: love-stories-soft, favorites, contemporary-romance

As I read Hollywood Dirt I had a smile on my face. I laughed out loud several times (a rooster and a trip to Walmart; that is all I am saying). I swooned and I fanned. Alessandra Torre brings us a story full of heart. This is a story of two very different people. Cole, a Hollywood star needing a place to hide after his marriage ends. Summer is looking for a way out of Quincy and a new life. They never expected to crash into each other.

Cole Masten’s life has been turned upside down when his wife leaves him. He didn’t have a clue. He now has to fight to keep his full interest in his movie and has to stay out of trouble until the divorce is finalized. Cole’s attorney, sends him off to Quincy ahead of schedule and with a warning. Cole thought that would be easy, but he wasn’t expecting the force that is Summer Jenkins: “Her eyes flashed and he, despite himself liked it. Liked the fire in her spirit.”

Opposites: Cole is used to fame, luxury and having others at his beck and call; he is used to the Hollywood glittery life. Summer is a feisty, hard working woman from a small quiet town. She lives with her mom in a small house in an Estate she tends to. Summer gives Cole a run with her sass, but they slowly get to that place where they quiet everything around them and allow it to happen.

“I see you,” I whispered, and those green eyes reemerged, looking at me, his brow furrowing, and I traced the lines of it as well. “God, you put up a lot of layers of asshole to keep people out.”

I am just going to say that this is a beautiful story. Alessandra Torre does not disappoint, she has given us another male character to fall in love with in Cole; with a strong female character in Summer. It is full of wit and fun. The end result is two people coming together after they let all their walls and pretenses down and allow their heart to take over. Cole and Summer found each other and “plummeted with no parachute.” This one goes on the top of my favorites list and a definite re-read.

ARC provided in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hollywood Dirt.

July 17, 2015 – Shelved