WTMO Words Turn Me On's Reviews > Brotherhood of Misfits: Roc

Brotherhood of Misfits by Khai L. Bayne

Jul 17, 2015

Troubled youth given a chance to make better choices come together in the brotherhood of misfits. In all honesty, while reading the prologue, I really didn’t think I was going to make it through this book. This first chapter is chock full of Ebonics and I found myself on Urban Dictionary quit often. But I stuck with it and I am so glad I did. Although tough for this suburbanite to read, the voice in this chapter is absolutely necessary to set the tone for the book and luckily the rest of the book is not as hard to read, although I did need to consult Urban Dictionary a few more times.

Can I just say I LOVE ROC (aka Archibald Rochester, but don’t you dare call him that if you know what is good for you!)? This cast of characters is urban and rough around the edges. The females (Kenika and Seven) are badass; take no shit strong ass females, just the way I like them. Roc’s friends, Jinx, Paul, Longshadow and Tobias are an interesting mixture. Ok well, Tobias is interesting the rest are good guys at heart. Seven and Lonny are a mysterious duo and I can’t wait to learn more about their secrets. I couldn’t put this book down and am ready for the next one. I give this book 5 stars.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brotherhood of Misfits.

07/17/2015 marked as: read