Tessa's Reviews > The Way To Never

The Way To Never by O.E. Boroni

Have you ever read a book and realized that you would do many unrepeatable things to get the sequel? The Beginning of Never was one of those books for me. The story ended with a cliffhanger that tore my heart into a million different pieces and I really needed a sequel in order to put it back together. And The Way to Never did an amazing job of repairing my heart.

This book is set about 11 years after The Beginning of Never. At first, I was not sold on the idea of seeing the characters as adults, but by the end, I was absolutely loving it. Even though there is a vast age difference from the first book, you still know without a doubt that these are the characters that you know and love.

For of all, I got all of the closure that I ever needed. I learned so much more about the characters than I would have ever imagined from the first book. One of the most telling things about a person, and a character, is how they grow up. And you get the whole story of growing up and finding themselves.

I was kind of disappointed with the unrealistic ways that Nora and Nick both ended up extremely (like would not happen in the real world extreme) successful and relatively famous. I do not believe that the odds of them both growing up to be that amazing is highly improbable.

I also think that some of the plot points are a little overdone, but I will forgive that because the characters drive this story, not the plot. I would be happy just reading a whole book of dialogue between these characters. Honestly, they are that interesting, funny, and dynamic.

I am extremely lucky that I was able to read this sequel and finally get the closure that I craved. I would definitely recommend this series to anyone who loves forbidden romance, swoony romance, or just romance in general.

This review and many other amazing bookish posts are available on my main blog, Crazy for YA

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way To Never.

July 17, 2015 – Shelved