Jen's Reviews > My Soul to Steal

My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent

Dec 05, 2010

bookshelves: young-adult, x-read-in-2011, my-favorites

Awesome book!
I had a lot of mixed signals about this book - reading reviews - seeing tweets from the author answering questions about this book - yes I dipped in the spoilers area too :)

I cried so much during the first half of this book -

I know I say I hate love triangles - but I don't :) It really gets frustrating because I know that kaylee and Nash are good together - but this whole thing with Sabina - I can see Nash cares for her , and how badly she wants to get back with him - Then TOD ... *shakes head in disappointment* What was he THINKING?? Why did he tell her to give up Nash?? Was it selfish reasons? Because he actually called Kaylee Shellfish if she didn't want to give him up.

Did Tod have a vision or something about the whole Netherworld thing that was going t happen - and he thought if Sabin and Nash were together that it wouldn't happen that way?

Sorry - I'm just a little confused there :) I love Tod - he's awesome - he didn't have a big role in this book - which was sad too - but he's still a good guy. I really believe that - but I kept waiting for the punch line - waiting for him to tell her WHY he thought Sabine and Nash were better together - I could understand better If I thought it was because he really liked Sabine better then Kaylee - or if he was still close with Nash and believed that he was helping Nash - but he was hardly speaking to Nash -

Guess we'll see how If I Die plays out - hopefully it will explain a few things :)

Back to the review - I really did like this book though. Sabine played the perfect polor opposite of kaylee - Kaylee stood up for what she believed in - she has grown up a lot since the first couple of books.

I can understand the trust issue with Nash - but it is still sad that she wasn't going to give him a shot - But once she realized that she couldn't learn to trust him again without giving him a chance to SHOW her - well that's what changed my opinion :)

The whole thing with Averi and isn't over though. it's just been put on hold for awhile - so when If I Die (that's a scary title) comes out - I can see a lot more happening in the Netherworld and hopefully these 5 people will take Harmony's advice .. because she has the BEST advice always .... and the 5 of them will become friends.

I really do hope Kaylee and Sabine become friends - and Sabine excepts that Nash loves Kaylee, and wants to keep Sabine as a friend. I think they can work it out ... right?

Guess we'll find out in October when "If I Die" comes out :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Soul to Steal.

December 5, 2010 – Shelved
March 1, 2011 – Started Reading
March 1, 2011 – Shelved as: young-adult
page 5
1.46% "I've been waiting FOREVER to read this book! I LOVE Soul Screamers! I was mad at the last ending - and I'm nervous but excited at the same time. I've heard a few spoilers - but it isn't the same til I read it - I really REALLY REALLY Want to love this book!"
page 117
34.11% "Will I ever be happy again? I can't remember EVER crying so much over a book - every conversation they have breaks me :("
page 209
60.93% "They were SO CLOSE!??!!!!"
page 301
87.76% "It's all coming together now - but I have to quit for the night :( I can't even remember the last 3 pages I just read"
March 2, 2011 – Shelved as: x-read-in-2011