Jill Myles's Reviews > Personal Demon

Personal Demon by Kelley Armstrong

Dec 05, 2010

bookshelves: audio
Read from January 02, 2011 to February 11, 2012

Not my favorite in the series, despite it being about two of my favorite characters, Karl and Hope. Oh, I love love love Karl and Hope, but the plot in this book sucked. I figured out what was going on long before the characters did. The narrator didn't help, either. Her voice had this slight warble and was muffled the entire way through and it lulled me to sleep more than it helped.

I love Kelley's books so much, though, that this still wasn't a bad read for me. Just disappointing. Like I said, Karl and Hope are my FAVORITES and Karl was sadly underused for a lot of the book. Instead, this was a story about cabal politics and a gang that Hope was infiltrating. It did make me want to go back and re-read the Lucas/Paige books though, because Lucas is adorable in his solemnity and his devotion to Paige.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Personal Demon.

01/02/2011 page 1
0.0% "I tried the audiobook for this one, but it was TERRIBLE. Hope is a twenty-something Indo-American and the narrator sounded like a 50-something chainsmoker. It was not good. Bought the book instead and will read on my kindle."
01/02/2011 page 1
0.0% "Er, not that her being Indo-American has anything to do with the way she sounds. But I always pictured Hope as sounding young and peppy and not...old."
01/11/2011 page 25
7.0% "Reading this on paper. The audiobook is...not great. I can hear the narrator's voice in my head though...does that count?"
01/28/2012 page 120
32.0% "Switched to audio book. And goddamn, this narrator is sucking the life out of me. Gah."
02/04/2012 page 220
59.0% "This audiobook got 800x better with Karl in it. Oh Karl Marsten, you sexy beast."

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle This is the next book, in this series, for me. Should be interesting to learn more about Hope...although I really hope that some of the "regulars" pop in. But I think I might now me imagining a 50-something chain smoker when I read it ;)

Jill Myles I'm going to read it on my Kindle! Like you, I'm hoping for more of the regulars. :)

And the audiobook was crazy! I asked my husband if I was imagining it and he thought it was terrible too.