Angie McLain's Reviews > Lawless

Lawless by T.M. Frazier

11973963
6 STARS - Brace yourself for yet another heart pounding and addictive read from T.M. Frazier!

“I knew everything about being a biker. I didn’t know shit about being a man.”

Have you ever read a book that from the moment you begin it, you know it is going to own you??? Lawless begins with you being breathless from the very beginning and it ends with you still breathless. But you’ll also be left anxious, terrified, heartbroken, shocked and on the verge of a breakdown. HOLY CLIFFHANGER YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!! This book will quite literally hold you captive from the moment you begin it, so don’t say that I didn’t warn you!

“Something was so wrong I almost didn’t want to see what was waiting for me on the other side of that door. And I was right. I didn’t.”

Thia Andrew’s life is about to take a horrific and traumatic turn. She has just survived the most horrific thing you can possibly imagine and it’s nowhere close to being over yet! In fact the living nightmare that is now her life just continues to spiral out of control. Alone, scared and vulnerable, Thia moves forward, because where else could she possibly go from here?

“I was officially wanted. And unwanted. All at the same time.”

Bear is still on the road, months after the last book ended. He has been lying low and off the radar, trying to numb the pain with random women, alcohol and drugs. No longer a BB, he is now a wanted man and not by the law, rather by the men he’s always thought of as family, including his father. Siding with King and leaving the MC means that he is now dead man walking. Bear was always meant to take over as president of the club, but that is no longer an option, and this leaves Bear feeling a little lost. And without a focus he’s slipped into a chemical induced fog.

“The numbness that had been good to me over the last several months had been replaced with the familiar anger that drove me my entire life. The anger that allowed me to take lives. The anger that allowed me to hate enemies I’d never met. However, this new kind of anger bubbling inside me was for one man and one man only. Chop.”

When Thia and Bear’s paths cross for the second time in their lives, life becomes even more dangerous and complicated. Yet neither of them is able to deny the pull they feel towards the other. Bear may have just met his match, truly. But in order for them to even consider a relationship, they will need to survive.

“I was already going to hell. Might as well enjoy the ride there.”

T.M. Frazier takes a series that is already an all-time favorite of mine and kicks it up, oh about 10 notches. I started Lawless and I could NOT PUT IT DOWN! It’s flawless, the writing is magnificent, the story, addictive, engaging and suspenseful. The chemistry between Thia and Bear is white hot, the romance that grows between them is far from conventional, and like all of Frazier’s work there are some very seriously dark undertones. I became a loyal fan of this authors’ work before I even completely finished King, which was the very first book I’d ever read of hers. I have been reading her books ever since. I’ve added all of her books to my TBR and she has become of the few authors that I follow religiously and will one-click without even glancing at a blurb. I love her style and the way she crafts a story, I love how there is always just a bit of humor, incredibly sexy and intense love scenes and I adore her characters. If you love your romances dark, intense and far less than typical T.M. Frazier is an author that will have furiously flipping the pages and anticipating each and every single release! Lawless is one the best books, I have the pleasure of reading this year and it is without a question one of my all-time favorite books. I cannot wait for part 2 of Bear and Thia’s story, Soulless. February is not going to come soon enough, I NEED MORE NOW! Answers and closure are within my grasp I can feel it.

“When you’re at war with the devil sometimes you gotta dial up a demon.”

Pick up Lawless, and fall hopelessly in love with the rough, tough and somewhat troubled man that is Bear.

“We were two tortured souls. Both in more ways than one person should ever have to experience. But we found each other. We needed each other. So help him I did.”

“Bear was right. I’d always been his.”

“Bear Mine.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lawless.

July 16, 2015 – Shelved