Shemelle's Reviews > Like Candy

Like Candy by Debra Doxer

bookshelves: 2015-reads

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Also posted at Musings of the Bookaholic Fairies, Inc.

The first thing that had my attention of this book aside from the cool cover ;) is it's main character from the blurb-- Candy.

I think on many points in the story I both have liked and disliked her and then loved her eventually.

She is this girl who became tougher because of the circumstances and everything shed gone through MADE her be. Her character will pull you in, because it grows unexpectedly in many ways that you'll end up wanting to hug her and hoping for the best for her. You may dislike her at first but I swear you'll love her eventually like I did ^___^

The hero. The mysterious Jonah. The not-your-typical-jock will get you turning the pages because his character will demand it. Haha. Like her father, they are one of the reasons this book was unputdownable to me, I BADLY NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM! Yes in CAPS, because I gotta say, this being a CLIFFY.. I don't hate it. but I hate it when the second book is not available and I have to wait to be able to read it.. That ending raised a lot of questions I needed answers badly.

This story is filled with drama, and mystery anyone would get captured by.

So.. Ya. 4 FAIRY WINGGGS‼️for readers who loves a strong heroine, good story and who's okay with waiting a little for the sequel :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Like Candy.

July 15, 2015 – Started Reading