willaful's Reviews > Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor

Dec 04, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: he-s-just-not-that-into-you, story-novella-or-anthology
Recommended for: foodies

I remember seeing a lot of "meh" reviews of this; I liked it more than that but did find it somewhat... passionless for a romance. I thought it ironic that the hero Mark broke up with a women because he never had any conflicts with her and then went into another similar relationship, based more on compatibility than sparks. This line kind of summed up my dissatisfaction:

"As Mark walked outside with Maggie, he was filled with desire and liking and sympathy, all bound up with a thread of frustration."

This, mind you, is on page 192 of a 211 page, largish print book. There isn't a whole lot of story left for Mark to develop passionate love for Maggie in, and though he claimed he did, I didn't feel it.

It was a well told story, and I enjoyed it as a short library read, but am unlikely to ever want to read it again. Will continue with the series though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor.

Lynsey A Nice review, Willa. The 2nd one is pretty good but the 3rd one is the best in the series, IMO. I loved it!