Jason Koivu's Reviews > Peck, Peck, Peck

Peck, Peck, Peck by Lucy Cousins

it was ok
bookshelves: reviewed-with-emma

* * *Read and Reviewed by Me & My Niece Emma* * *

A daddy red-headed woodpecker sends his son into the world to peck holes in things and boy howdy, that little bird is one hell of a pecker!

The moment I saw this sitting on the library shelf, I knew we'd be reading it. You see, Emma is a first class sucker for any book with holes in it.

Peck, Peck, Peck just might be the book that busts that proclivity. It was nothing but page after page of a woodpecker pecking holes in various objects. At the high point, he gets into somebody's home and pokes freaking holes in everything, even their jellybeans!

But that's it. That's all that happens. No one chases off the bird. There's no lesson to be learned aside from that woodpeckers like to peck holes, and the why of that phenomenon isn't even explained.

I think this would be more suitable for the 3-4 age range. Maybe I should've pointed that out while we were at the library.

The Emma-o-meter registered only a couple giggles.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peck, Peck, Peck.

Started Reading
July 15, 2015 – Shelved
July 15, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Mir (new)

Mir Does Emma like to do art? There's an art project book with a hole in it.

Jason Koivu Miriam wrote: "Does Emma like to do art? There's an art project book with a hole in it."

She got burnt out on art after a prolonged coloring binge.

message 3: by Mir (new)

Mir I know how that goes.

message 4: by Ivonne (new)

Ivonne Rovira Might I suggest a book with holes? A favorite with all three of my children was One Green Frog. Fabulous! The book's so good that I never minded reading and re-reading it.

Jason Koivu Ivonne wrote: "Might I suggest a book with holes? A favorite with all three of my children was One Green Frog. Fabulous! The book's so good that I never minded reading and re-reading it."

Thanks, Ivonne. I'll keep an eye out for it.