Princess Bookie's Reviews > 52 Reasons to Hate My Father

52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody

Dec 03, 2010

bookshelves: read2012
Read on February 14, 2012

My Thoughts: We are introduced to Lexington who is a socialite. She is the daughter of a famous man. She is a girl who is wealthy, spoiled and only cares about herself and her popularity and what she can get out of the world.

When Lexi wrecks her car just days before her 18th birthday, her dad has another idea on how to make Lexi straighten up. She will take 52 weeks worth of jobs. That means 52 different jobs in order to get her big trust fund. The plan was she would get it as soon as she hit 18, but boy does she have another thing coming. She has 4 brothers, and her mother is dead. Lexi is the only girl in the family and has always been taken lenient on.

With the help of her new babysitter, aka Luke, a hired hand by her father, Lexi must complete 52 jobs from a maid to a dishwasher. She's beyond horrified that she has to do this. She's never worked a day of her life, now she's expected to clean someone else's toilet. What’s a girl to do?

I loved watching her complete each job and make her video logs to update Luke on her progress. Oh Luke, you were such a cute and adorable guy!

I love Lexi and her whit! She makes a big deal out of everything and you can't help but laugh at her and the way she sees things. Yes, she's spoiled but she's also a riot!

Overall: 52 Reasons To Hate My Father was a great novel! I just love Jessica Brody and her humor! All her books are extremely funny and cute! And yet full of such serious messages! I really enjoyed this one, and if you're looking for something light, fluff, and not about vampires this is the book for you!

Cover: The cover is cute! Its so realistic and I Love how she is wearing that hat!

What I'd Give It: 4/5 Cupcakes
_________
Taken From Princess Bookie
www.princessbookie.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 52 Reasons to Hate My Father.