Bitsy Vontrapp's Reviews > The Wheel of Osheim

The Wheel of Osheim by Mark  Lawrence

Mark Lawrence is, without a doubt, one of the best writers we've ever had working in the fiction genre. The third, and sadly last, book in the Red Queen's War is as amazing as expected, weaving together all the threads so carefully laid out by Mr. Lawrence in the last two books into an ending that is as satisfying as the journey to reach it was. The dialogue is sharper than ever, Jalan's sarcastic wit comes through often as bittersweet as it is cutting, Snorri finds the answers he's been seeking and, although he has less to say this time around, his wisdom has become even more profound. He is the heart that drives the duo in their quest even through Jalan's expected reticence to continue being the hero everyone else sees in him.
I predict this trilogy will become one of the timeless classics that will stand the test of time, one which future generations will seek out and read time and again. Although it was The Broken Empire that brought Mark Lawrence to the attention of so many fans, it's the Red Queen's War that will solidify his place in the ranks of great writers.
Cannot recommend this book enough. I really hope that someday we'll be treated to another book set in this universe. Hopefully Jalan and Jorg will have another conversation someday...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wheel of Osheim.

July 14, 2015 – Shelved