Eastofoz's Reviews > Suddenly One Summer

Suddenly One Summer by Julie James

it was ok
bookshelves: contemporary

Boring. Limited character development. Touted as a beach read but apart from saying it takes place over the summer that's about it. Misleading cover --there's no beach or walk by the water. The story is dull and the romance is superficial. There are some funny snarky lines but few and far between. The ending is so rushed you have a what the ?? moment. A bit of a dud this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Suddenly One Summer.

Finished Reading
July 14, 2015 – Shelved as: contemporary
July 14, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
July 14, 2015 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Manisha (new)

Manisha Sorry.. It didnt work for you.. :(

A_Ryan I agree. And you're spot on about the cover! It's certainly not the best in the series. Hope your next read is better! :)

Eastofoz A wrote: "I agree. And you're spot on about the cover! It's certainly not the best in the series. Hope your next read is better! :)"

I was debating about giving it a three vs a two star. The characters weren't fleshed out at all and they both had lots of potential I thought. I didn't like the secondary story with the sister either. It reminded me of those books that come out at Christmas and are marketed as a Christmas story when there's just a passing mention of the season. So I went with a two star rating.

A_Ryan That's fair and honest, I think. Makes your five-star reviews all the more trustworthy! Thanks for a great review. :)

Eastofoz Thanks :)

message 6: by Tammy (new) - added it

Tammy Walton Grant So disappointing, East! Maybe I'll just reread her FBI series instead, lol.

message 7: by Eastofoz (last edited Aug 04, 2015 04:52AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Eastofoz Tammy wrote: "So disappointing, East! Maybe I'll just reread her FBI series instead, lol."

Yeah don't waste your time here Tammy. Very disappointing all around.

Mary - Buried Under Romance I agree too. So disappointing.