Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads)'s Reviews > The List

The List by Kate L. Mary

Read 2 times

At A Glance
Wasn't perfect but I really, really, loved it.
The Good
Did you ever read a book that while you were reading it you knew it wasn't amazing but to you it was? That's The List for me.

I was fascinated with the story the whole time. I was excited as Annie got to experience real life for the first time. She has been sheltered all her life, so when she gets to college it's like a kid in a candy store. First time for parties, drinking, friends, boys, and sex. But there was also heartbreak and pain. I love how easily Annie opened herself up to new experiences but she didn't totally change everything about herself. Faults and all, I loved Annie the whole time.

Cami was an amazing best friend to Annie. She introduced her to new things and helped Annie find herself. Chris was so sweet. He could be a bit judgmental but he always had Annie's best interest in mind. But it was Ryan who shined the most. He was so easy going and fun. He had a constant smile on his face that made everyone else smile. He had his faults as well, but he made up for them in spades.

This felt like a coming of age story but for a new adult audience. I think I realted to this story because I too experienced the best and most fun parts of life at an older age. The List really spoke to me on so many levels.
The Bad
I really liked Ryan but he really pissed me off sometimes. He treated Annie like a yo-yo, pulling her in then pushing her away. It wasn't fair. I know he was going through his own crap but, seriously, man up!
The Snuggly
There is some sex but it's not the focus. It was done well and was semi hot but nothing super detailed.
Final Thoughts
I loved this, plain and simple. Not everyone will because each one of us is looking for something different. But for me, it was a homerun. Very recommended.

Quotes
“When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what the storm is all about.”

"Annie, huh? I like it," he said, blowing smoke into the air. "Sounds innocent. There is nothing I like more than corrupting an innocent."

“If I could have one wish, I’d wish for you.”

Giveaway

This is a tour wide giveaway

a Rafflecopter giveaway
This review was originally posted on Bad Bird Reads

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The List.

Finished Reading
Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
July 1, 2015 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
July 13, 2015 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
July 13, 2015 – Shelved
October 18, 2015 – Shelved as: new-adult (Kindle Edition)
October 18, 2015 – Shelved as: romance (Kindle Edition)
October 18, 2015 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance (Kindle Edition)