Stephanie's Reviews > Choices

Choices by Tammy Williams

bookshelves: best-boyfriend-ever, family, fantasy, interracial-romance, racist-people, friendship, bwwm

This book is a solid 5 for pure entertainment and fantasy values. I'm actually ranking it a 4.5 because one big reveal was a complete let down and once again the female lead kind of pissed me off (not sure why female writers always do something to make the female lead piss me off but it almost always happens when I read romance; just look at my other reviews) Anyway, I really did enjoy this story. This is the story of Lara a kindergarten teacher and Ryan and children's book author whose son, Justin (the most adorable) is in Lara's class. Lara hasn't had a boyfriend in 6 years because her fiance dumped her 2 months before the wedding and Ryan is a young widower who lost his wife 3 years ago. They meet and the sparks fly. We also have the ghost of Ryan's wife Shelly coming to him and telling him to be happy with Lara. Shelly's mother Sue on the other hand is against the relationship. She has been helping Ryan with Justin and doesn't want to see her son in law involved with anyone. She has her snide remarks. They get their looks from strangers but for the most part their families and friends are happy that they are happy.

Overall this book was well written and fun and more to my liking than the last interracial romance novel that I read. Ryan was perfection(and of course he was supposed to be) and Lara was a good match for him and his son. Justin was so cute and wise beyond his years.Of course there were some set backs but all's well that ends well.

Things I loved about the book were Shelly. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing a ghost and she was so nice and funny. Celeste, Lara's best friend was so cool. Norris, Ryan's best friend was hilarious. He has some of the best lines and there is a follow up book that is his story. I look forward to reading that as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Choices.

July 13, 2015 – Shelved
July 13, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
August 9, 2015 – Started Reading
August 11, 2015 –
page 101
33.22% "Totally loving this book."
August 14, 2015 – Finished Reading