Ruthie Taylor's Reviews > Absolution

Absolution by E.M. Leya

liked it

I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

Following straight on from the previous book in the series, this takes us to Ireland, where Killian's family live. Here we revisit the couple, although mostly Killian; Zach is a faint figure for some reason.

The parish priest Jon, is having a crisis and the sight of Zach's grieving friend Ash at the wedding reception throws all his doubts into bright relief. Through the book we get to understand the issues that a celibate gay catholic priest would feel and how he plans on resolving the issues Ash has made him face. Ash is struggling with his own demons, although we get to see less of the impact that maybe we do with Jon. I though that this was done well, but it was for me, overly long. I also struggled with some of the pronoun issues, which made working out which of the two of them the his, him, he referred to at that second. Parts of it were without a doubt, scorchingly hot and incredibly romantic - and very addictive reading! I enjoyed the side stories, there was a decent plot, I just think it could have been more concise.

The topics were serious, dealt with carefully and with style. I am interested to know where this series will go next.

Wicked Reads Review Team
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Absolution.

Started Reading