Jessie Bright's Reviews > A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

To think, that only last night, I was in doubt.. One chapter away from every plot twist in the book awaited me this morning, and I almost didn't pick it back up. George R.R. Marten has ended this book in a way that has kept me curious and eager to continue his story. For me " A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) Was merely the exposition, and rising action. Now that the story is set, we may commence with the climatic war. I was very hesitant to first pick up this book and, I can now say that, I am very glad I did. It definitely wasn't earth shattering for me as it has been for other readers, but I do know that Ill be picking up "A Clash of Kings".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

July 12, 2015 – Shelved
July 12, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
August 2, 2015 – Started Reading
August 6, 2015 –
page 0
0.0% "Having not branched out much from YA books its safe to say that I was quite intimidated by this series in the beginning. Just shy of half way through and George R.R. Martin as exceeded my expectations"
August 10, 2015 –
page 550
65.87% "I'm not going to lie, this last bit is getting quite difficult for me to read. All of the build, and betrayal from the first three quarters of the book have come to a bit of a stand still for me. So far it has still been an excellent read. Just hit a slow spot."
August 10, 2015 – Finished Reading