Judy Lewis's Reviews > Marcus

Marcus by Anna Hackett

DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN !!!
Title: Marcus
Series: Hell Squad
Designation: Book One, Sci-Fi Alien Invasion Romance
Author: Anna Hackett
My Rating: FIVE HEART-POUNDING STARS *****
Wow! This is my first time reading Hackett's work and I must say, I'm impressed! How in the world have I not heard about Anna Hackett before now??? I don't know but I'm so glad that I finally found her and the Hell Squad Series. I adore romance, I'm addicted to adventure and I love science fiction but it's just so darn hard to find a great combination of all three - until now! Anna Hackett's heart-pounding new Hell Squad Series has given me all three neatly wrapped in one fabulous package! Marcus, the first book of the series, has it all - action, adventure, thrills, chills, vicious aliens, handsome heroes, sexy heroines, sweet romance and steamy sex! Yep, it definitely has it all! Each book is a standalone novella with primarily the same characters but features a different couple in each story and is written in the third person with alternating points of view from the two main characters. The dialogue is smart, gripping, exceptionally well written and flows effortlessly. The characters are simply magnificent! They are fascinating, captivating, intriguing, engaging, endearing and sexy as sin! What did I love about this book? Everything!!!

Earth has been attacked by a reptilian alien race, the Gizzida, and the survivors are struggling to fight back and regain control of the planet. Much of earth's population has been destroyed but a few have survived and are desperately seeking a way to defeat the enemy and drive them from the planet. Members of various divisions of the military have banded together and are now fighting together alongside brave civilians working from Blue Mountain Base, a secret underground military installation just outside Sydney, Australia. And the meanest, most vicious and most skilled unit of them all is Hell Squad led by Marine Staff Sergeant Marcus Steele. Begin the thrilling adventure with Marcus and his team of rough rebels as they attempt to destroy an alien communication array aided by former civilian and party girl Elle Milton, now a comm specialist for Hell Squad. Marcus wants Elle; Elle wants Marcus but - well, you know, personal baggage, past history, self doubt and of course, aliens get in the way. Oh my! Sparks fly! Desire burns! Passion flares! Love ignites! And we have lift off! I have to say, this is one of the most realistically written science fiction novels I've ever read! I can hardly wait to read the next book in the series! Fabulous entertainment and an awesome read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marcus.

Started Reading