Emanuela ~plastic duck~'s Reviews > Archangel's Kiss

Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh

Dec 02, 2010

bookshelves: paranormal

4.5 stars.

In the previous book I didn't like Elena very much because she was always confronting Raphael and she was extremely despondent. In this book she's more likable, but I can't help feeling that I like her because Raphael likes her. It's as if she's basking in the Archangel's spotlight, but she is not strong enough to stand on her own as a character.

I think Raphael is one of my favorite Alpha heroes. He is passionate with a dangerous streak, he feels deeply but he has a cold mind. It's only his love for Elena that keeps him this side of human (if we can use this words for an Archangel).

I liked knowing more about Raphael's Seven, there are very fascinating creatures among them.

In this book Elena is recovering from the injuries she sustained in Angels' Blood and she's training to get accustomed to her new angel status. I liked reading about the training sessions and then the flying lessons with Raphael. We also have a better understanding of the war of power inside the Archangels' Cadre. It's really a fascinating world and I'm looking forward to reading the third book.

The book is extremely well written, but it's too sophisticated at times, it's like the author is enjoying her prose too much, and it left me unmoved. Anyway, it's a top read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Archangel's Kiss.

December 2, 2010 – Started Reading
December 2, 2010 – Shelved
December 2, 2010 –
7.0% "I'm in love with Raphael..."
December 7, 2010 –
12.0% "Who's messing with Raphael's vampires?"
December 7, 2010 –
20.0% "Ok, Elena for me doesn't exist. It's just HIM!"
December 10, 2010 –
33.0% "Don't touch the child angels!"
December 10, 2010 –
45.0% "Oooooooh come on, do something!"
December 12, 2010 –
62.0% "Finally!"
December 13, 2010 –
69.0% "A lot of mind games."
December 14, 2010 –
79.0% "Off to Peking!"
December 15, 2010 – Finished Reading

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I really dont read much w/ female leads, but you make this sound VERY INTERSESTING :D

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Raphael is very Alpha, I really love him. Ice on the outside, fire inside :)