Shirley's Reviews > I Still Dream About You

F 50x66
Dec 02, 2010

liked it
Read in December, 2010

Amusing story of Margaret, an ex-Miss Alabama, now a 60 year old real estate agent in Birmingham whose goal is to commit suicide. Her arch-enemy is another realtor who sabotages everyone, sells the old classic estates under the guise of saving them, then immediately sells to developers who raze them. Margaret is given the opportunity to sell one of the last classic homes that has a mystery in its past. The owner was lost at sea with no survivors. In preparing the house for sale, Margaret and her co-worker discover a skeleton in the attic - who was he, what to do with him? Is the skeleton linked to the missing owner? Will Margaret ever be able to carry out her suicide plan?

The author, in Margaret's voice, regrets the passing of the lavish downtown department stores, movie theatres and a more genteel way of life -- she speaks for many of us in her generation. The only thing that irritated me about this book was the bold face type, stressing words. This was an annoyance and distraction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Still Dream About You.