Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > Splendor

Splendor by Anna Godbersen

Dec 02, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult, made-me-emotional, historical-romance, frustrating

I can't write a proper review for this book. It's just not possible. Splendor takes love/hate to a whole new level for me.

Not since Mockingjay have I liked a book that pissed me off so much. I already knew what was going to happen due to reading some spoilers, so maybe it softened the blow for me and didn't leave me as bitter as I thought I would be.

(view spoiler)

2 stars for the outcome. 4 stars for the writing. Godberson is flawless in her storycrafting. 5 stars for an author having the "balls" (yeah I said it) to stick to her guns and write the story that she wanted to write, even if it would piss off the fans.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Splendor.

December 2, 2010 – Shelved
February 7, 2011 – Started Reading
February 7, 2011 –
page 147
Finished Reading

brittany Even though I was upset they didn't end up together I totally understand why Diana left

Stacia (the 2010 club) lmao spoilering again!

Stacia (the 2010 club) I understand too, but she could have (view spoiler)

brittany I think a spin-off series would be cool and she came back later on-ish.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Since her new series is set in the flapper era (which would be 1920's/early 30's), I'm curious if we'll see any of the KIDS of the Luxe characters. That would be awesome if there was a Schoonmaker or Holland running around.

brittany Yeah that would be cool. Better not be Penelope's kid though D: I hate that cow.

Stacia (the 2010 club) I laughed when the prince did a number on her.

Diana's kid would be really cool, even if it's just a side character that makes a cameo.

brittany Same xD she deserved that

Yeah that would be cool..I still want Diana and Henry to get back together