Debbie's Reviews > The Gray and Guilty Sea

The Gray and Guilty Sea by Jack Nolte

Jul 11, 2015

bookshelves: free, kindle

I LOVE the main character Garrison Gray. Being a woman of "mature age", I enjoyed Garrison's 40 something maturity. I'm a softie for a man with a slight disability, whether it be a limp, stutter, etc. Garrison's character was beautifully depicted in describing his struggles with his past vocation and the consequences of it and how he is still dealing with it. If you've watched Downton Abbey, Garrison reminds me of Mr. Carson. They are both frustrated by their needing a cane, but they are strong men when need to be. They are usually somber looking, but both want love in their quiet way. I know they both would protect their mate with all they have. Garrison is a "real" man, meaning, there is no describing him as still handsome with graying hair to make him look distinguished. No describing him as still having a 6 pack and hard muscles for a man of 40. I can so relate to him as someone I would be drawn to. Enough about Garrison. I guess I really do like his character!
This is a murder mystery with many characters that could have "done it". There are characters that you wonder if they are trustworthy or not. Things seem questionable, but really in another situation we wouldn't be questioning.
Not action packed, but definitely kept my interest. I was able to imagine myself living in this little town on the Oregon coast.
I DEFINITELY plan to read this author again. I hope there are more books with Garrison's character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gray and Guilty Sea.

July 11, 2015 – Started Reading