Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids's Reviews > Sisters Red

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

WOW! This is an amazing retelling of the classic fair tale, Little Red Ridding Hood. Only this time Jackson has spun in a wonderful telling of the fierce bond and loyalty of two sisters, and a love story between them and a child hood friend.

Scarlett, who's scarred body is the evidence of the protection she gave to her little sister Rosie, during a attack when they were younger, is driven by the hunt of the werewolves known as Fenris. These werewolves aren't the sweet wolves we'd like them to be. They morph from attractive young men into horrible werewolves who want nothing more than to lure away beautiful young women. Adorned in her red cloak, and her hatchet, Scarlet seeks out the wolves who prey on, the innocent young women.

Her sister, Rosie, a hunter like Scarlet isn't as driven for the hunt, though she's the beauty who finds the beasts lurking for their next targets. She is torn between the loyalties she feels she owes her sister for protecting her life and the love she feels for Silas, a child hood friend and hunting companion, who's also Scarlet's best friend. She's constantly fighting an internal battle on where her loyalty lies as she tries to figure out if she wants to continue with the hunt that her sister loves so much.

This wonderful story isn't complete without our woodsman and love interest, Silas. Now torn between his best friend Scarlett and his love for her sister Rosie. Silas finds that he holds the secret that can help them destroy the Fenris who are descending into Atlanta looking for their next Potential to add to their pack, leaving a string of beautiful young girls dead.

I really enjoyed all three characters and Jackson wrote the story from both sisters' points of view, which allowed me to relate to both the sisters. Both Scarlett and Rosie are true heroines whose bond will be tested as they continue to fight the Fenris and as Rosie's and Silas's love develops.

I really like the modern day retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. Add in the sister loyalty, love, the legend of the Fenris and a hot woodsman and you've got one story that will keep you riveted in your seat until you're finished. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend this to others.

You can also see the review on www.mundiemoms.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sisters Red.