A Klue's Reviews > Untouchable

Untouchable by Cindy Skaggs

(This review is based on ARC e-book generously provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest, unbiased opinion.)

As an avid mafia romance reader, I am always excited to have the opportunity to review a book from this genre via NetGalley. Debut author, Cindy Skaggs did not disappoint. From her classy book cover to the intriguing book synopsis, she had me hooked right from the start. In Chapter One, you could literally feel the cool, collected, calculated yet desperate demeanor/actions of our determined strong heroine, Sophia Capri, as she attempted to secure the life and safety of her four year old son, Eli, the only way she could think of….take him and R-U-N!

As the former wife of the devil incarnate mobster, Nick Capri, she was always being watched, not only by the Mafioso but legal authorities, as well. More specifically, the past two years by FBI Agent Logan Stone. Despite careful planning and the help of some unlikely allies, her plan is thwarted when Eli is kidnapped moments before she tries to make their escape. The rest of the story is filled with twists and turns as Agent Stone is forced to throw his rule book out the window and put his heart and badge on the line in order to protect Sophia and find her missing son.

One of my favorite aspects of the book was how Sophia prepared herself mentally and physically by taking self-defense, weapons training, and physical fitness training in anticipation of having to outrun her enemies. However, despite her desperation she was unwilling to put others at risk, especially Logan. At times, she did things to deliberately push him away to keep him safe. The scene where she pulled a gun on him was epic! Fortunately for her, he did not listen.

No details regarding Book 2 are available yet. My guess is it will be focused on Vinnie and Nick’s sister.

Title: Untouchable, Book 1, Author: Cindy Skaggs, Release date: 7/21/15, stand-alone, HEA, no cheating.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Untouchable.

Finished Reading