Taylor's Reviews > Delirium

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Nov 30, 2010

bookshelves: dystopian-lit, found, out-of-curiosity, books-i-own, books-i-should-re-read, favorites
Read from December 06 to 31, 2010

First: Thank you Goodreads First Reads for letting me read this book!

The concept of this book had me hooked from the beginning. And while such a concept makes a book slightly predictable, I was captivated from the first page.

The characters absolutely made this book for me. They captured my heart very early on, and the ending of the book was painful because I know it will be a while before I get to see them again. The love story is heartwarming and heartwrenching at the same time. I will definitely be getting the sequel the moment I can get my hands on it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delirium.

Quotes Taylor Liked

Lauren Oliver
“I love you. Remember. They cannot take it”

Lauren Oliver
“It's so strange how life works: You want something and you wait and wait and feel like it's taking forever to come. Then it happens and it's over and all you want to do is curl back up in that moment before things changed.”

Lauren Oliver
“Love: It will kill you and save you, both”

Lauren Oliver
“And now I know why they invented words for love, why they had to: It's the only thing that can come close to describing what I feel in that moment, the baffling mixture of pain and pleasure and fear and joy, all running sharply through me at once.”
tags: love

Lauren Oliver
“I know that the whole point—the only point—is to
find the things that matter, and hold on to them, and fight for them, and refuse to
let them go.”

Lauren Oliver
“Love: a single word, a wispy thing, a word no bigger or longer than an edge. That's what it is: an edge; a razor. It draws up through the center of your life, cutting everything in two. Before and after. The rest of the world falls away on either side.”
Lauren Oliver, Delirium

12/06/2010 "I just got this in the mail as my very first ARC! I'm pretty excited to read it."
12/06/2010 page 57
13.0% "I'm enjoying this book so far. It's definitely an interesting concept, although it will end up being predictable if what I'm thinking is correct."
12/07/2010 page 151
34.0% "This is getting better by the page!"
12/08/2010 page 264
60.0% "I am LOVING this. I can't get enough of it."
12/09/2010 page 303
69.0% "Oh. My. Goodness."
12/10/2010 page 363
83.0% "I actually don't want to finish this book. I'm enjoying it far too much."