DarienMoya's Reviews > The Price of Temptation

The Price of Temptation by M.J. Pearson

Nov 30, 2010

bookshelves: my-m-m-lovin, 2010-reads, fave-books-of-2010, historical-m-m, butt-virgins
Read from December 02 to 04, 2010

^^HMMMM JUST CHECK OUT THAT COVER^^

More of my reviews and thoughts on my blog PANTS OFF REVIEWS

THE COVER- I know what you all are thinking, “what the hell is in his pants”? Well truthfully, I have no idea, but I really do love the cover. I love his stance and the other guy kneeling at his feet. I find it to be very sexy, and makes me wanna say, such cheesy lines like “Is that a flashlight in your pants or are you just happy to see me”, or “Is this a stick up and are you here to take my clothes”. The possibilities are endless and his breeches are nice and snug, another squeeze my balls a leggo my ankle pants.

What I really loved about this book is that it reads like a true historical romance. It was sweet, sexy, and had a certain innocence, which increased the sexiness like by 36%. It offers the handsome and sexy rake, the innocent but tough virgin, and the vile villain. I love historical m/f romance and it no surprise that I loved this one.

Stephen is gay and has always been gay, he does not hide who he is and also has an expensive kept man, in other words a mistress man. He is struggling to make ends meet, but you gotta keep up appearances for the infamous “ton”. His household is barely getting by but he has a few loyal servants who won’t leave his side. Until Jamie arrives looking for a job and then all hell breaks loose.

Jamie has arrived from the country to the city, promised a job by an earl he thinks he has it made. Until he meets Stephen the man he is to serve, and the on who tempts him so much. Jamie’s job is to get Stephen out of the financial dumps and help him bring money in. Jamie can’t help falling in love, and will succumbing to Stephen mean that he will become a kept man?

Let me tell you about this book, it pissed me off. Stephen is such a man; he sees his mistakes but he just does not pay attention to them. He wants Jamie but still keeps his whore of a man, and he is one whore of a man. He is a bad little gay slut. Though there are faults with Stephen character, he is likable and very caring to Jamie. I enjoyed Jamie; he was tough, yet gentle, innocent but not stupid. He wanted more than sex and was willing to leave the man he loved, because he would not just settle.

Real Talk- I read a lot of m/m books, and there is always something about size and precum. Like the slippery trail of precum, and the leaking tip and precum everywhere. On someone’s chest, a puddle on the floor, in someone’s eye etc…… This book has none of that, and if it did; it would have entirely changed the tone of the story. Did I miss the precum? Mmmm not really, it was a welcomed break.

I was really happy with this book, I loved the fact that everyone knew of Stephens preference for men, and label it folly of the youth, but god forbid he falls in love, then he is depraved and disgusting. What can I say people are ridiculi. I give it 5 stars for the authenticity of the historical genre, and his nice package in those breeches. I wonder how the ride on a horse would be, something to ponder.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Price of Temptation.

12/03/2010 page 64
31.0% "For all that is sweet and holy, 'why is this book so feckin good". Historical M/M my new crack." 7 comments
12/04/2010 page 110
53.0% "If the landscape you encounter is Convex, suck it. If it's Concave, probe it, using the instrument that fits best. Greatest effin lines in a book." 3 comments
04/11/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Bookwatcher (last edited Dec 06, 2010 10:10AM) (new) - added it

Bookwatcher Thanks for the recommendation.
I'm waiting for your review to know why it's such a great book in your opinion!

BTW, new shelf to this book: "cover-is-bizarre"

It's not bad... I like it... but it's

bizarre...

Bark's Book Nonsense Holy sh*t, that thing is scary. It's almost bigger than the other guys head.

message 3: by Dina (new)

Dina "I wonder how the ride on a horse would be, something to ponder."

LOL! The poor horse would never be the same after such an ordeal, I can tell you that.

DarienMoya BarkLessWagMore wrote: "Holy sh*t, that thing is scary. It's almost bigger than the other guys head."

LOL, its quite large and the epidemy of man. Dina its a good thing he rides in a couch, would be most unfair for a horse.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Looks like he's playing "hide the casaba!" LOL

message 6: by Magnolia (new) - added it

Magnolia Hahahaha, I love your reviews Darien. Always a touch a humor, but an honest review. You made a lot of good points and I am wanting to read this book now, more than ever. Thanks for taking the time to make such a detailed and hilarious review!!

message 7: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn I think that *IS* his horse! ;-)

DarienMoya Thanks Magnolia, I like to tellit like I feel it.

LOL AJ, yep he has a stallion in his pants.

HAhahahha UM!

message 9: by Magnolia (new) - added it

Magnolia I think his friend borrowed these "stuffed" pants for the cover of Discreet Young Gentlemen,lol
Same pants/same bulge
But at least in that book, it doesn't look like someone is about to get an eye poked out!!

DarienMoya Its surprising that with his huge bulge, I thought the author would spend time describing his man goods. There was none of that, but from that cover I know he was packin.

I don't have the paperback in this book but I had to use this edition. The ebook one is so BORING!

message 11: by Magnolia (new) - added it

Magnolia You're talking about Discreet Young Gentlemen, right Darien? Thanks for the heads up!! I have read one too many boring books lately, I would hate to add another one to the pile. And I was looking forward to reading MJ's books. I am not a fan of historical m/m novels, though I have found a couple that I liked. I will definitely check out Price of Temptation, just for laughs and giggles.

DarienMoya Magnolia wrote: "You're talking about Discreet Young Gentlemen, right Darien? Thanks for the heads up!! I have read one too many boring books lately, I would hate to add another one to the pile. And I was looking f..."

No! Magnolia haven't read Discreet Young Gentleman as yet. I meant the ebook cover for price of temptation is boring, lol. I have heard that DYG is very good.

message 13: by Magnolia (new) - added it

Magnolia Lol, Got it!!
I'm glad I can keep it in my tbr list. I hate wasting time on a dull/boring read. I want some excitement in my books and it's been awhile since I've read anything that's really pulled me into the story. Made me want to stay up late reading because I just cannot put it down. I know there's something out there. But my tbr pile is just too damn overwhelming and intimidating.lol

DarienMoya The last book I read that kept me up until the weee morning hours was Puppy Love 2, man that series was my crack. I hate to love Matt, and my sweet adorable Petey. Puppy love defined me,lol.

message 15: by Magnolia (last edited Dec 16, 2010 08:31PM) (new) - added it

Magnolia Oh me too, me too!!! I love Matt and Petey. And used to follow the author when he was on nifty.org I waited not so patiently every week for updates. I was so happy when his stories were published. Have you read any of his other books? Dumb Jock and The Landlord are also favorites of mine!!
The last story that I can remember keeping me up was Blurring the Lines and it's sequel From the Ashes by SA Payne. That girl can spin a tale and create a whole nother world like it's an art form. I have been sucked into her tales so many times. But those 2 stories are my favorites of hers.

message 16: by DarienMoya (last edited Dec 16, 2010 08:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

DarienMoya I have read all of Jeff's book, I consider him a friend. I really loved Trust Me and Dumb Jock, The Landlord sort of pissed me off, but I liked it all the same. Its my least fave book by Jeff.

message 17: by Magnolia (new) - added it

Magnolia I usually jump all over Jeff's books, as soon as they're out. But, I haven't been able to get myself to read Trust Me yet. I am not a fan of reading anything with religion in it(unless it's pagan). Not like I'm saying the book is gonna be quoting scripture, but religion pisses me off. So, I tend to not want to read anything about it.

message 18: by Joyzi (new)

Joyzi That cover is the real shit!

message 19: by Buggy (new) - added it

Buggy OMG D, the cover is...amazing. Great review, I enjoyed your precum revelations LOL and now I'm even more excited about reading this one