Faith's Reviews > Burned

Burned by Ellen Hopkins

bookshelves: contemporary, crying, gorgeous-covers, why-would-you-do-this-to-me, tw-abusive-relationships

Well, I guess Ethan is off my list of freaking awesome book boyfriends....

{more thoughts after a few hours of pondering:

Ok, so I've had a little while to ponder on my thoughts and feels about this book.
I honestly LOVED the relationships (whether romantic or family) in this book. Yes, I realize they weren't exactly perfect or even healthy. But they were REALISTIC. Realistic relationships are extremely hard to find in YA these days so when you do find one, you should at least give the book brownie points :)

I also enjoyed Ethan. He wasn't your typical YA douche canoe bad boy. (Yes I said douche canoe) He was kind and gentlemenly, as boys should be *cough, cough*

Though I was upset directly after I finished the book, I highly appreciate the ending and I praise Ellen Hopkins for writing it.
It was unexpected and almost NEVER happens in YA.
So basically this book was like a breath of fresh air.

Quotes I tabbed:
"You two about ready for supper? Hope so, 'cause supper's about ready for you."

".... Someone eager to hear that forever love wasn't just the invention of romance authors and fairy tales, but something vital and viable. Something to trust in and hold on to when the screaming started and the blows fell."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burned.

July 9, 2015 – Shelved
July 9, 2015 –
page 69
July 10, 2015 – Started Reading
page 170
39.44% "Ugh this is intense.... #cramathon"
page 221
51.28% "Taking a quick break then back to cram-a-thon!!! Hopefully Ethan is a good person. I'm not sure how much more drama I can take..."
page 247
57.31% "Ummmm Ethan wants to be a vet... I'm in love ❤️"
page 440
100% "Things better go ok *intense breathing*"
July 10, 2015 – Finished Reading