Stephanie's Reviews > Goodbye Miami: Tales Of An American Climate Refugee

Goodbye Miami by Treesong

Goodbye Miami: Tales of An American Climate Refugee by Treesong is a well written and thoroughly researched novel. The story is one of great importance as well. It may be a work of fiction, but the overall message and the facts delivered are anything but fictional. Treesong focuses on the impending effects of global warming, fracking, and the inability of some to grasp the importance of alternative energy sources.
Treesong takes the reader on an eventful and realistic journey through the life of a Miami refugee who found herself in a predicament that could have been prevented, if only people listened. Change can be scary for many, but the ultimate motive for not changing what needs to be changed is money, as Treasong shows us in this well thought out story.
This novel is more than just an opinion filled story of "what-ifs", it is a look at what will most likely be if we as a nation do not learn to accept change.
The character development and the structure of the novel were done in such a way that the reader developed relationships instantly. The story used to show what is really happening certainly makes you think while reading it. I admit I went in a bit skeptical, but upon finishing the novel I started to notice just how many news stories matched up to the plot of the story I had just read.
I strongly recommend this novel to anyone who is looking for an entertaining and educational read. Treesong has excellent story telling abilities and he uses those abilities to make a valid and important point. People need to start paying attention to the world around them and start playing a positive part in maintaining it, if they want it to support them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goodbye Miami.

July 9, 2015 – Shelved
July 31, 2015 –
July 31, 2015 –
August 2, 2015 –
August 2, 2015 –
95.0% "Review to follow soon!"
August 2, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Jaq (new)

Jaq Reed I'm waiting for your review on this one! looks interesting.

Stephanie It was a really great read and quite informative too (and a tad scary when you think about how real the possibility is). I'll have a review up soon! I've been having a few extra cluster headache attacks the past few days, which slowed my reading and reviewing down, but I'm getting better lol!

message 3: by Jaq (new)

Jaq Reed :( I bet the weather is not helping your headaches at all.. Hope you feel better soon. Hang in there!