Carol [Goodreads Addict]'s Reviews > A Kiss in Kite Harbour

A Kiss in Kite Harbour by Stefanie London

bookshelves: contemporary-romance

A Kiss in Kite Harbor (Kite Harbor #0.5) by Stefanie London. I read this book as part of the Small Town Summer anthology.

Repinning this more for the sexy confidence this model is pulling off than the physical outfit; she's nailing it.

Nate Ritter had been Shelby Jenkins first love and her first kiss back when they were teenagers in Kite Harbor, Maine. But to save face with his friends, Nate had betrayed Shelby and followed the kiss with hateful taunts. An act he hates himself for still after all these years. Shelby fled Kite Harbor for New York where she became a very successful plus size model. Her father, who is still in Kite Harbor, has had an accident and Shelby needs to go home for a couple of weeks to help him out. She is a different woman now, successful and self-confident. So why does going back to her home town fill her with such apprehension?

for some reason I've always wanted to visit Maine... see a little coastal town, lighthouse, fall colors, and drive along the water :)

When Nate discovered Shelby was home, he couldn’t believe the beautiful woman he was seeing. But she always was. Would she have left if he hadn’t done what he did? Could their lives have turned out differently? Now is his chance to make things right. To apologize and to spend time with her, show her he’s not that same dumb teenager he was back then. But will she ever really forgive him?

“Why do you even care? She’s here for two weeks and then she’ll be gone again.”

Goodreads | Recent Updates

The feelings are still there and Nate slowly breaks down the walls Shelby has built up. He knows he’s falling for her all over again. But just when he thinks he is making progress, a woman who taunted Shelby when they were kids and is still mean, says something that makes her want to run for the hills all over again.

“Why did it have to be her? Because she was it; he’d known it back then and he knew it now.”

This is SUCH an important story and it touched my heart. Shelby was not only a model but mentored young women about body image. But she had to remind herself to follow her own advice. Was she really willing to give up on the man she’d always loved just so she could run away again? We could all learn something from this about the power of our words. And beauty that is on the inside is what is really makes a woman beautiful.

Bay of Fundy National Park, New Brunswick, Canada

I really enjoyed this story. It was my first by this author but hopefully not my last. She promises more from this quaint little seaside town and it’s residents and I look forward to it.

signature

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Kiss in Kite Harbour.

July 9, 2015 – Shelved
July 9, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
July 10, 2015 – Started Reading
July 10, 2015 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
July 11, 2015 –
99.0% "review soon"
July 11, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Jilly (new)

Jilly wow, that sounds really good, Carol! Great review!

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Jilly wrote: "wow, that sounds really good, Carol! Great review!"

Thank you so much, Jilly!!! XO

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Lovely review, Carol! I love the cover for this one, and I love the sound of Shelby. A strong heroine, just my kind! Glad you enjoyed this! :D xo

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "Lovely review, Carol! I love the cover for this one, and I love the sound of Shelby. A strong heroine, just my kind! Glad you enjoyed this! :D xo"

Thank you so very much, Maida. This really was such a good one.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin OMG! I loved this review and I loved the pictures, especially the trail as I used to be a hiker. I always look forward to your reviews Carol. You inspire me :-)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Melissa wrote: "OMG! I loved this review and I loved the pictures, especially the trail as I used to be a hiker. I always look forward to your reviews Carol. You inspire me :-)"

Thank you so, so, so much, Melissa!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Your most welcome :-)

message 8: by ♥Rachel♥ (new)

♥Rachel♥ Fab review, and beautiful images, Carol! :)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "Fab review, and beautiful images, Carol! :)"

Thank you, Rachel. I loved this one and was still thinking about it the next day. This whole anthology was just wonderful!! XO