Veronica's Reviews > Through the Eyes of Thomas Pamphlett: Convict and Castaway

Through the Eyes of Thomas Pamphlett by Chris  Pearce

F 50x66
Jul 09, 2015

Through the Eyes of Thomas Pamphlett is a historical/non fiction novel about Thomas Pamphlett. Author Chris Pearce does an excellent job describing his life and journey through his 25 days as a castaway. It's truly a fascinating story, and you can tell that Pearce did a lot of research for this book.

Thomas Pamphlett was an Australian convict. He was sentenced to 14 years for stealing a horse, but refused to accept his punishment. He also stole windows from the Birch Grove House, and robbed a house. He soon became a castaway, and that's when the real adventure began. I didn't know much about his story or his history before reading this one, but It's extremely interesting. There are over 100 illustrations in this novel, which makes it even more interesting and "real life".

If you're into historical non fiction novels, this is definitely a good one to read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Through the Eyes of Thomas Pamphlett.

Started Reading
July 3, 2015 – Finished Reading
July 9, 2015 – Shelved

message 1: by S. (new) - added it

S. Daisy Great review! The book looked good, but you really sold me on it. I'll definitely keep my eyes open for it. Thanks! :-)