Sonja ✧ Badass Wanderer ✧'s Reviews > Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

When two people are at one in their inmost hearts, they shatter even the strength of iron or bronze.
description
Clockwork Prince is a breathtaking and absolutely wonderful sequel! The romance between certain characters made Clockwork Prince exciting and simply amazing! It added an important element to the story as a whole. That's what makes Clockwork Prince so much better than Clockwork Angel.

The love between the characters is so beautiful it hurts. As the novel progressed, almost every character in the London Institute got a special place in my heart. I laughed with them, I felt their joys and sorrows, and isn't that what books are all about?
We live and breathe words. It was books that kept me from taking my own life after I thought I could never love anyone, never be loved by anyone again. It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them.
Cassandra Clare writes these pieces of dialogue and these streams of consciousness, and it almost feels like she knows me. The way Will and Tessa regard books is the way I feel about books as well. I love the fact that they love books and that books have a deeper meaning for them, as opposed to books just being a method for one's amusement.

As was with the first book Clockwork Angel, James Carstairs aka Jem remains my favourite character from the Infernal Devices trilogy. I LOVE HIM. Jem is (unrealistically) magnificent and lovable, I don't care if he's too good to be real—in my heart and mind he's alive and that's all that counts!
"You are home for me now."
description

Last but not least, I love the ending. I love that Clockwork Prince ends on such a happy note. I could feel the happiness radiating off the pages; the ending is beautiful and simply lovely. And as is common with Cassandra Clare's novels Clockwork Prince ends with a cliffhanger.

This being the case I will promptly pick up Clockwork Princess from my bookshelf and once again immerse myself in Victorian London. Adieu.

p.s. If you haven't picked up the Infernal Devices trilogy yet, what are you waiting for? Don't be a duck, pick this novel up!
p.p.s. Never trust a duck.
p.p.p.s. If you are confused by my statement("Never trust a duck."), then you ought to read Clockwork Angel. You'll understand soon enough.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Prince.

July 9, 2015 – Started Reading
July 9, 2015 – Shelved as: supernatural
July 9, 2015 – Shelved as: historical
July 9, 2015 –
page 66
13.15% ""What is one person's pleasure is another's poison, don't you find?""
July 9, 2015 –
page 137
July 10, 2015 –
page 300
July 12, 2015 –
page 344
68.53% "I'm shipping Jem and Tessa so hard! I LOVE JEM <3 HE IS MY BAE."
July 14, 2015 –
page 422
84.06% "I LOVE love declarations! So so amazing =D"
July 16, 2015 – Shelved as: awesomesauce
July 16, 2015 – Shelved as: own
July 16, 2015 – Shelved as: romance
July 16, 2015 – Shelved as: too-many-feels
July 16, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Sonja ✧ Badass Wanderer ✧ David "proud member of Branwen's adventuring party" wrote: "Amazing review, Sonja! :)"

Thanks, David =D