Katerina's Reviews > Something About You

Something About You by Julie James

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, favorites, romantic-suspense

“My God, Jack-with a look like that, you two should just get a room. And try not to pick the one with a dead body next to it this time.”

That's right Julie James,you have reduced me into a gibbering incoherent mess!And that being said by a person whose job is to make valid,coherent arguments.Now every time I close my eyes,I picture Jack.freaking.Pallas.
“More like a chocolate molten lava cake. A dessert so sinful, so luscious, so filled with inner heat it made a girl want to lick each and every crumb right off the plate. That was Jack Pallas.”

I drooled.That's the ugly,embarassing truth.Whilst reading Something About You I.actually.drooled.And I thought my fangirl symptoms couldn't get any worse.

*sighs*

Let's take it from the start.Cameron Lynde is an Assistant U.S. Attorney who decides to give herself a treat and spend the weekend in a five star hotel,only to become witness to a murder involving a Senator.As if things weren't bad enough,the FBI investigation's leader is Jack Pallas,a man who holds a grudge against her for three years.When her testimony is the only thing that keeps the Senator out of jail,she has to constantly interract with said agent and the danger she faces brings them unexpectedly close.
“If it makes you feel better, I don’t give a fuck what comes through that door.They’re not getting to you.”

I loved loved LOVED this book!!It was really enjoyable and funny,with a generous dose of steam and hot'n'heavy tension (generous meaning your skin crawled with anticipation and your mouth dried and yes,drooling and hyperventilation and extremely high pitched noices were involved).If I thought J.D. from Practice Makes Perfect is hot,then Jack Pallas is a freaking volcano .

Lots of lava people.And sexual tension and angst and unspoken feelings and stolen kisses.Jack is glowering (dark;showing a brooding ill humor) and fits the strong alpha male type that sets you on fire.Grumpy,sassy but extremely adorable when he admits how he feels,he is pure perfection!Cameron is also a great,hilarious and relatable heroine and holy moly their chemistry is off.the.charts!!They are so stubborn that they keep fighting and bickering and driving each other crazy,until they embrace their feelings!I also loved the secondary characters,Amy and Collin and Wilkins are fantastic!!
“Jack turned to Cameron. "Do you just line them up, waiting to yell at me, on the off chance I'll stop by?”

Even though we learned pretty soon who the killer was,there was suspense and action,and secrets and betrayal that made Something About You a nice romantic suspense novel.My instinct about Julie James was right;I have found a new favorite romance author!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something About You.

Quotes Katerina Liked

Julie James
“If you also thinks it means I wake up every morning wondering what I did to deserve having you back in my life, well, you'd be right about that too.”

Julie James
“My God, Jack - with a look like that, you two should just get a room. And try not to pick the one with a dead body next to it this time.”

Julie James
“It should've been illegal for a man to walk around like that without some sort of permit.”

Julie James
“If we go now, there's no coming back. You're mine all night."
Her eyes flashed. "Promise?"
That was it.
Jack grabbed her hand and pulled her off the dance floor, toward the main entrance of the tent.”

Julie James
“If you think it means I'm asking you to move in with me, you'd be right." Her expression turned more serious. "If you also think it means that I wake up every morning wondering what I did to deserve having you back in my life, well, you'd be right about that, too."
Jack just sat there for a moment, just... stunned. No one had ever said anything like that to him.
"Come here," he said huskily. He grabbed her chair and pulled it toward his. He kissed her, softly at first, then his hand moved to her back and pushed her close as his emotions got the better of him. He pulled back to hold her gaze. "I love you, Cameron. You know that, right?"
She kissed him back, whispering the words in his ear. "I love you, too.”

Julie James
“But if it makes you feel better, I don’t give a fuck what comes through that door. They’re not getting to you.”

Julie James
“Jack wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close. He whispered in her ear. “He’s not getting near you again, baby, I promise. No one’s laying a finger on you ever again.”

Julie James
“- I hate to break this to you, Cameron, but you are only human.
- Shh... I've been trying to keep that under wraps for years.”

July 9, 2015 – Shelved
July 9, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
July 12, 2015 – Started Reading
July 12, 2015 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
July 12, 2015 – Shelved as: favorites
July 12, 2015 – Shelved as: romantic-suspense
July 14, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

Katerina Thank you dear Alexis!!^^I've re-read it countless times since summer,I love it so much!!

Aj the Ravenous Reader Another adorable review, Kat! I always enjoy reading your "fangirly" reviews. So cute! hehe

Katerina Hehe thank you Aj ❤ Some books are just impossible to review without acting like a 12 years old!:P

message 4: by Clara (new)

Clara Fantastic review, Katerina ^^ ! And here's another book I'm adding to my TBR pile because it sounds amazing the way you described your feelings reading it ! I really want to drool over a hot FBI guy ;) lol

message 5: by Mandy (new) - added it

Mandy Great review, Katerina!! Definitely adding this to my TBR pile xoxo

Katerina Clara wrote: "Fantastic review, Katerina ^^ ! And here's another book I'm adding to my TBR pile because it sounds amazing the way you described your feelings reading it ! I really want to drool over a hot FBI gu..."

Thank you Clara!!<3 I really love this one,I keep re-reading my favorite Jack/Cam scenes!!Jack is such a badass but deep down a sweetheart (really deep down :P )Plus he carries a gun duh!!

Katerina Mandy wrote: "Great review, Katerina!! Definitely adding this to my TBR pile xoxo"

Thank you Mandy!!^^Hope you'll enjoy it!!:D

message 8: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Angeli Ahh I wanna try this kind of subgenre! :) I heard nothing but positive things about this author and you described the book so good, Kat! :)

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Fabulous review, lovey! xo

message 10: by NiCoLeTa E. (new)

NiCoLeTa E. Sounds so interesting!!!
Fabulous review, baby girl!!! Well done!!! :D xx

Katerina NiCoLeTa E. wrote: "Sounds so interesting!!!
Fabulous review, baby girl!!! Well done!!! :D xx"

Thank you darling!! <3 You have to read this one,there isn't drama overdose (actually there isn't relationship drama at all),the characters are funny and adorable,it's just great! <3

Arianna wrote: "Fabulous review, lovey! xo"

Thank you love!! <3

Pearl wrote: "Ahh I wanna try this kind of subgenre! :) I heard nothing but positive things about this author and you described the book so good, Kat! :)"

Aww thank you Pearly!! <3 I absolutely recommend Julie James,her FBI/US Attorney series and her standalones are really enjoyable and swoony!!But this one is my favorite!!:D

message 12: by Candace (new) - added it

Candace Great review, Katerina! I've had this one on my TBR list forever. Maybe I'll move it up now. :)

Katerina Candace wrote: "Great review, Katerina! I've had this one on my TBR list forever. Maybe I'll move it up now. :)"

Thank you Candace!!^^I think you'll enjoy this one,it's sexy,funny and drama-free!And there's perfect chemistry between the MCs!!;)

message 14: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review, Katerina :)

message 15: by Anne (new)

Anne Lovely review, Kat :))

A Random Enthusiast Amazing review!

Katerina Honora wrote: "Amazing review!"

Thank you sweet Honora!!^^

Anne wrote: "Lovely review, Kat :))"

Thank you sweetie!! <3

Deanna wrote: "Great review, Katerina :)"

Thank you Deanna!!^^

message 18: by Epah (new) - added it

Epah The best.!!! <3 Jack and Cameron. I couldn't put my book down :)

Katerina Epah wrote: "The best.!!! <3 Jack and Cameron. I couldn't put my book down :)"

I've re-read it countless times,I love it so much!! :D <3