AH's Reviews > Ripping the Bodice

Nov 30, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: romance, humor, zzread-nov-2010
Read on November 30, 2010

The title of this book makes me giggle and it was with that frame of mind that I started reading this book. To my surprise, I really did enjoy this story. The main character Cassandra lives her life fantasizing about romance novels, you know those romance novels with really fun names, swashbuckling heroes, and damsels in distress. In fact, about half the book takes place in Cassandra's fantasy world frequently interrupted by real life.

After Cassandra's dull boyfriend cancels their weekend away to get together with the boys, Cassandra dumps him and joins her friend Val at a resort in San Diego. Val's cousin Raphael is there with his friend Connor. Raphael is everything Cassandra has dreamed about in her romance novels. Also at the resort is Roz, Cassandra's favorite romance writer. The vacation is full of hilarious situations brought on by Cassandra's fantasy world.

I enjoyed this book. It was a light, fun, hilarious read. I look forward to finding more books by Inara Lavey.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ripping the Bodice.

11/30/2010 page 25
10.04% "Free download from Allromance.com. Very cute story about a girl who dreams of romance novel bodice ripper stories and is constantly interrupted by real life." 4 comments

message 2: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH It's fun and light and has its funny moments.

Leah Lovely review, AH :)

message 5: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH Thanks, Leah.

Greta is Erikasbuddy Awesome review!! That soo sounds like fun!!

message 7: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH Thanks, Greta. It was a nice little happy break from the other book. And the best - it only had 150 pages!

Greta is Erikasbuddy Oh sweet!! I love short things!!!