ElaineY's Reviews > Relentless Passion

Relentless Passion by A.J. Llewellyn

Nov 29, 2010

bookshelves: romance-contemporary, mm, 5-star-books
Read from November 29 to 30, 2010 — I own a copy

What a lovely treat this book was. I couldn't help smiling all the way through. Not because RP is a comedy but because the author made me feel as if I was right there in Capri and in the romance itself. Most times, I'm disassociated from the characters and the story and even when I am emotionally-invested, it's still as an onlooker. This time, however, I felt as if I was Zeca and everything that he felt - the frustration over his twin brother's attitude, the alarm at falling in love with said twin's boyfriend, the longing for something - someone - he can't have...I felt. And when this novella came to an end, it left me with a satisfied sigh.

RP is simple and straightforward - no evil villains, murder or mayhem. Just two good men who find true love in the beautiful island of Capri. Antonio is hot...and I was delighted to find out that he's a cop! Now, I lurve me my MM cops and you couldn't get them sexier and more romantic than Antonio. Alex, the other twin, isn't a bad guy - he's just immature and um...confused (sorry, no spoilering so go read it for yourself!). As for Zeca, he's really sweet and good all round but don't let that fool you into thinking he's a wimp or worse, boring. He's as refreshing and addictive as the limoncello that originated in Capri.

And that's exactly how I'd describe Relentless Passion. Unequivocally 5 stars!

REVIEW UPON REREADING FEB 11, 2013:
4 STARS this time. Still enjoyable but it didn't have as good an effect as the same time. I moved straight on to Relentless #2.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Relentless Passion.

11/04 marked as: read

ElaineY Looks like I'll be reading two of this author's book back-to-back seeing as I've just returned from the two places the stories are set in: Capri, in Relentless Passion and Barcelona in The Book & the Rose.

ElaineY Sayang wrote: "Is a 3some or no? Looks like on the cover. Not that I care. I wanna read it regardless cos you sure made it sound good!"

No, no menages! I would have hated it if Llwellyn had made this a menage even though I enjoy threesomes. It's Antonio and Zeca only all the way...as it should be in this case.

message 3: by ElaineY (last edited Dec 01, 2010 12:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ElaineY Hmmm, the cover only just registered now that you mentioned it, Sayang. Very misleading and I hope those who don't like menages do read the blurb and not skip it based on the cover. I wish the publishers' art dept would be more careful.

message 4: by Ter (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ter Great review Elaine! I will definitely be getting this one. I love the cover picture (who wouldn't, it's hot) but I thought a 3some might be in it also at some time. Not that I mind, some I like, some you are left thinking why was it added.
Good to know,. thanks

ElaineY Ter wrote: "Great review Elaine! I will definitely be getting this one. I love the cover picture (who wouldn't, it's hot) but I thought a 3some might be in it also at some time. Not that I mind, some I like, s..."

A three-some wouldn't have worked for me in this one. It was perfect the way A.J. did it and I wouldn't change a thing. It's one of those feel-good romances that you'd want to snuggle up with on a cold, wet day with a cup of hot chocolate.

message 6: by Anna D. (new)

Anna D. Yowzah! that is a hot book cover!