Darren Hagan's Reviews > Salt & Stone

Salt & Stone by Victoria Scott

**No spoilers**

This one is better than the first book, but I still had more or less the same issues I had with Fire & Flood. While Tella did get a bit better in the second half of the book, she still spent too much time annoying the hell out of me. I also still don't particularly care about nor believe in the romance between her and Guy.

I did enjoy the majority of the story but some of the stuff with the Pandoras was just not enjoyable to read at all.

It worries me that there hasn't been a third book announced because that ending is too much of a cliffhanger and it leaves little resolved.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Salt & Stone.

July 7, 2015 – Shelved
July 7, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
September 3, 2015 – Shelved as: tbr
January 18, 2016 – Started Reading
January 18, 2016 –
page 116
28.5% "The only thing I like about Tella is her love for the Pandoras. I honestly don't think I've read about a character who annoys me so much haha."
January 19, 2016 –
page 293
71.99% "Will finish tomorrow. Quite looking forward to seeing how it ends"
January 20, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina the first one was kinda meh for me so I still haven't even read this one...glad to see you enjoyed it more.

message 2: by Patricia (new) - added it

Patricia Crowther I've heard recently it's just a duology, not completely sure how accurate that is though :/

Darren Hagan Christina wrote: "the first one was kinda meh for me so I still haven't even read this one...glad to see you enjoyed it more."

Thanks. Only a bit more though. Its not gonna ever be like a favourite series :P you probably aren't missing anything if you don't pick it up.

Darren Hagan Patricia wrote: "I've heard recently it's just a duology, not completely sure how accurate that is though :/"

Yeah it says on her website that the publisher only bought 2 books, but she does have a third one/conclusion either written or planned.

message 5: by Diya (new) - added it

Diya Mohanna It completely sucked in my opinion and I really hope there isn't a third book because reading this was a huge struggle

Darren Hagan Diya wrote: "It completely sucked in my opinion and I really hope there isn't a third book because reading this was a huge struggle"

To each their own