L. C. Julia's Reviews > The Crown of Embers

The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson

Jul 06, 2015

bookshelves: favoritos

As great and awesome as the first time. *.*

Oh, por dios, amo estos libros !!! jajajaj Son la perfecta mezcla entre fantasía, romance, drama politico, todo ! Realmente necesito el tercer libro, así como YA ! Y al mismo tiempo me da mucho miedo. Esto es malvado jajaja

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crown of Embers.

Quotes L. C. Liked

Rae Carson
“I love you the way a drowning man loves air. And it would destroy me to have you just a little.”

Rae Carson
“A quarterstaff is not very subtle. Or handy. If an kidnapper comes at me, what am I supposed to do? Say, 'Excuse me, my lord, while I pull my enormous quarterstaff out of my bodice?”

Rae Carson
“If I were an enemy, and I started bearing down on you like this," he draws his sword, stretches the tip towards me, takes a single step in my direction, "what would you do?" Possibilities race through my head. Should I look for a weapon? Dodge and come up behind his guard? Trip him? Insult his mother?”

Rae Carson
“No, no." I motion vaguely. "Relax. Don't look so... guardlike." They drop formation at once, glancing at one another shamefaced. Hector draped an arm around my shoulder as if we were out for a companionable stroll. He leans down and says, "So. Horrible heat we've been having lately.”

Rae Carson
“Yes, I love him. Enough to follow him anywhere.”

Rae Carson
“You made me cut and dye my hair.”
Surely he understands that we face greater problems? “I thought it would greatly improve your looks,” I snap.
“Shorn hair is a sign of shame. You humiliate me greatly.”
“I’ll light a candle tonight in honor of your dead tresses.”

Rae Carson
“Well maybe you'll get lucky. Maybe you'll marry a man who is rich and powerful and wise AND wonderful to be naked with.'

I can't help the giggle that bubbles from my mouth.

'Maybe,' she says, 'you should ask all your suitors to drop their breeches so you can inspect the merchandise.'

'Mara!'

'You could make it a royal command.'

I toss a pillow at her.”

Rae Carson
“I love everything about him. I love that he cares so much about honor and duty. I love how, when he’s working hardest to mask his feelings, they’re actually leaking out all over the place. I love the way his hair curls when it gets wet, his slightly crooked smile, the way he smells. When he laughs, I feel it in my toes.”

July 6, 2015 – Started Reading