Elizabeth's Reviews > The Doctor's Wife

4520577
Nov 28, 2010

liked it
Read in November, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Overall I think this book was fairly good. There were some points, however, that made me mad. First, the obvious behavior of Simon flirting with Annie right in front of his own wife. Then he's surprised that she finds out he's cheating on her. Could he have been any more obvious? Second, the fact that Annie tries to use rationalization to get out of being a horrible wife and cheating on her busy husband. Don't get me wrong, I liked the book, it was good, but the whole cheating and being a terrible wife just makes me extremely mad. I mean, Michael has many chances to get with Celina, but he only fantasizes. Annie on the other hand, continues to talk to Simon, even though there's an obvious attraction there. And it leads to them having an affair. There's a difference between Michael's fantasizing and Annies actual actions. Last but not least, the annoying fact that Annie gets pregnant and Lydia says she's definitely not keeping it. She contradicts herself. Here she is with the "Life Force" saying that abortion is wrong and yet she can stand there and tell Annie that she's not keeping the baby? Ugh. This book. I liked it, but the cheating and affairs and the lying just bother me. Oh, another thing. That Annie and Michael don't talk about their problems. Because that's how you solve things. By being a child and not talking it out with the person you have the problem with. Doesn't always work but it would have gotten them somewhere. I thought some of the characters were extremely childish at some points and should have grown up and handled the situation instead of being a coward. But I liked the book. I read it in one night after all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Doctor's Wife.