Nikita Jhanglani's Reviews > Equinox

Equinox by Madhuri Maitra

19827437

We are so used to reading stories with hard-hitting subjects, twists and turns at every bend, complex characters and emotions, that we often forget the charm of a simple story.
Madhuri Maitra’s Equinox is a beautiful reminder of this charm.
As the blurb says, the story revolves around six people, each struggling to come up with a decent story to submit as their individual entry to a short story competition. The author gets full marks for coming up with a plot that has rarely been touched. The struggles of all characters are relatable and interesting, making the book a definite page-turner. This is really commendable considering how the story progresses in an almost linear fashion. There are subtle twists interwoven into the characters’ lives, lending it that interesting angle.
What I also think is that this book could be an inspiration for most writers-maybe someone stuck with the writer’s block or someone looking for a subject or someone trying to understand how to look for a subject. The research that every character does and the thoughts that swarm their heads could just as well inspire another story.
The story is so uncomplicated and relaxing that I’ve classified this book as a vacation read-one of those comfort reads that you can pick up when you want a mental rejuvenation. I am pretty sure that after you’ve read this one, you’d come out with a better perspective of the world and of yourself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Equinox.

July 5, 2015 – Started Reading