Marie's Reviews > How Not to Be Popular

How Not to Be Popular by Jennifer Ziegler

liked it

I read this a long time ago, and just thought of it now. I'm surprised my rating is so low, but this book stayed with me for one reason: the Young Republican character is an actual human being, and not a cartoonish villain. This is incredibly rare in literature.

Thank you, author, for treating us Republicans like human beings.

And if you want to talk about appalling hypocrisy, let's talk about how you climate change nutjobs continue to use resources and technology that's (supposedly) killing the planet. Do you know how many gallons of water it takes to generate the electricity you use to spew your silly nonsense? If you really cared, you'd get rid of your computer and go live in the wilderness, but you don't, because it's all a bunch of nonsense.

Or, we can also talk about how nonviolent you all are, yet you dump urine on people you disagree with you whack your opponents in the head with bike locks, you express your desire to see a twelve year old boy locked in a cage full of pedophiles...but you'd better not criticize how the Obama girls are dressed at an official event! That's racist.

I could spend the next four hundred years going on about how utterly hypocritical the left is, but I won't live that long, and this text box will only accept so many characters. But, again, I'd like to thank the author for writing an actual story and not two hundred pages of bullshit liberal talking points.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How Not to Be Popular.

November 27, 2010 – Started Reading