Leigh's Reviews > Make Me Soar

Make Me Soar by K.C. Wells

Heart Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥ 4 1/2 Hearts

This book drew me in from the start. There was something so lost and sad about Dorian that touched me. He has been in the BDSM world for years, but never reached the desperately wanted subspace that all the other subs talk about. He thinks it is all about the amount of pain a sub can take. So thinking he needed more he goes to Berlin. What he gets is something no one would want or suffer through.

This leads me to a warning for readers. There could be some serious trigger issues here for people. Although the actually acts are not portrayed, they are descriptive as memories and in conversation, and there are physical and mental scars left behind. What Dorian goes through is nothing short of rape and torture. I found myself needing to back away a bit myself and sort of regroup before reading again.

That is a testament to how well K.C. Wells writes this story. There are so many emotions I felt as I read this. There is sadness and heartbreak, as well as happiness and joy. The ride this book gave me as I read the journey of Dorian with his Dom Alan was amazing. There are so many emotional ups and downs.

Through it all I was pulling for Dorian to finally get what he has been searching for, and Alan definitely did that for Dorian.
Alan sees something that no other Dom does. He sees past Dorian’s “pain slut” persona. He sees that what Dorian really needs is something else completely. Alan shows another side of the BDSM lifestyle that is not portrayed very often. He shows Dorian that sensory play and deprivation can get him subspace better than pain ever will.

There was so much sensuality in this book. Some parts literally burned. These two men together are just so sexually compatible. Alan teaches Dorian so much about his own body and needs. I was fanning myself a few times.

I will be honest I did not agree with everything that happens in the book. But that is more my personal feelings than a reflection of the book itself. I didn’t like how fast things moved between Dorian and Alan. I would have thought Dorian would need a little more time to get past and learn to trust again after what happened. Also, I didn’t agree with the length of Dorian’s punishment in one case. But, again that is my personal feelings.

All in all this was an amazing complex rollercoaster read. There are highs and lows throughout that kept me reading to the very end. I have to say I think this is honestly my favorite book from the series.

* I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review through http://mmgoodbookreviews.wordpress.com *

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Make Me Soar.

Started Reading