Jennifer's Reviews > Handling the Undead

Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist

Nov 27, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: read-horror

Loved "Let the Right One In" so much, may have had my expectations set too high for this one . . .

The premise is interesting - how would people truly react if their loved ones came back to life - not as flesh-eating horrors - but as just barely alive entities decimated by months of decomposition. How would the government react? How would individuals react? The media? The military?

It's interesting, but it lacked tension . . . the build-up was slow, and the denouement was a bit too out there for me to be satisfying.

Liked the philosophical questions the author brings up - what is death? what is the soul? what happens to us after? However, this novel just lacked the terror and power of his first.

Still will read him in the future - think his ideas are original - just was disappointed in the lack of page-turning conflict in this one . . .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Handling the Undead.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 2: by Daria (new)

Daria Is this the super creepy one you were telling me about?

Jennifer Same author, except this is his latest. This one's about zombies.

"Let the Right One In" is the super creepy one with the best vampire ever (after Dracula). =)