Faye's Reviews > Jekel Loves Hyde

Jekel Loves Hyde by Beth Fantaskey

bookshelves: read-in-2010, young-adult, paranormal, romance

It was a very different story from the others I have read. It was dark, very dark and twisted that it took some time for me to appreciate the story. It was about the story of two people, so different from each other but was drawn by a story that connected their life together, inseparably. Jill, the shy, timid girl was mourning her father’s death when the most popular and notorious boy, Tristen, went to her side to comfort her and since that faithful day, everything has changed in their lives. Jill found out that her trust fund was gone and her father took it before he was murdered, then her mother seems so lost that she barely hold on to her sanity. Meanwhile, Tristen was getting more and more anxious by the story that haunts him all his life. That he was a descendant of Dr. Hyde, the criminal, murderer that was brought in the world by some crazy experiment by a Jekel, the Jekels where Jill descended from.

Jill begin to see Tristen on a different light when her teacher in Chemistry asked both of them to enter a competition on making their own invention and she begin to see the different side of Trsiten that most people on their school wasn’t given the privilege to see. Tristen agreed to go along with Jill in joining the competition because it will be his only chance to gain a cure before he become a fully murderer, and he will be able to help Jill to gain money for her lost trust fund. That was their deal, until they begin to fall for each other.

It become more twisted when Tristen’s father was so out of control that he even hurt Tristen and threaten to kill him if he would not drink the potion that would make him a monster like all the Hydes he came from were, so twisted that even Jill was drawn to drink it.

As my other reviews went by, I wouldn’t tell how it ended but I will tell that I did enjoy reading this book, even if it was so different from Fantaskey’s previous book that I read and which I loved so much, Jessica’s guide to dating the dark side. For comparison, I think Beth Fantaskey is very good at making a twisted, very complex plot and make a very good story out of it. A story that is not only memorable but is also unique and very hard to level with.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jekel Loves Hyde.

November 25, 2010 – Shelved
December 3, 2010 – Started Reading
December 17, 2010 – Finished Reading
December 19, 2010 – Shelved as: read-in-2010
February 4, 2011 – Shelved as: young-adult
September 9, 2011 – Shelved as: paranormal
September 22, 2011 – Shelved as: romance

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Izzy:) (new)

Izzy:) Hi Faye let me kno wat u think of this bk. i read Jessicas guide by beth, and hav been really curious if this is a gd bk. iv also been wantn 2 get hexhall too, so let me kno if theyr gd plz:).......dont 4get tues last VampAcad is out:(

Faye oh my! i'm hyperventilating by that news,i totally forgot! hexhall was good but not great. but it is worth reading (i think,lol). this book by beth is very different from jessicas, but this one is very interesting too. i'll let you know.:)

Faye can't seem to finish this one..

message 4: by Joyzi (new)

Joyzi Nice review, the story is really interesting

Faye yeah, even if it was dark and twisted it's still a good read.